Crashdiet

Introduce Yourself

More
5 years 8 months ago #152283 by lidiorabello
lidiorabello replied the topic: Introduce Yourself
My name is Lidio Ruas, I am 30 years old. I live in Belo Horizonte - Brazil, the capital of extrem metal in south america. Bands like Sepultura, Sarcofago, Chakal, Multilator and Overdose are here from my town. I met Crashdiet around 2003, when they were releasing the first demo. I worked here in a Guns N`Roses tribute band that also called Crashdiet, when one day we received an email from a guy named dave lepard cursing us :" hey guys, you stole the name of my band." I've told this story here years ago when I used another nick, but I lost the password of my old log-in. When we receive the email we decided to check the sound of that Swedish band. And at first, I thought the band horrible. But while, the look, the logo, the attitude stuck in my head and when he released the first official album I just freaked out. After the tragedy with Dave, I had the pleasure of meeting here in Belo Horizonte members of the Swedish band, Watain, who told me some stories about Dave. The drummer played them with a jaquete with a giant patch with the Crashdiet logo .For some reason (I prefer not comment that), I refused to watch the first show of the band in Brazil, but when Simon joined the band, and they released the great generation wyld, I dont think twice and bought the ticket for the show in Rio de Janeiro. I won a promotion made ​​by the producer of the show and had the opportunity to meet the band in the backstage after the show. It was a cool moment. I took a few cds of brazilian metal bands to Eric, took a shirt of the band that I worked on season called dust devil to peter , and then went back to my town with a big smile on my face. I was the guy who did an internet campaign to help my guitarist friend Crhis Young, to fulfill his dream: play one song live with crashdiet. thank god everything went right, and Chris play Tickett with them in sao paulo, one night before the concert in Rio de Janeiro. I think we both realize our dreams. Besides the Crashdiet,'m crazy for bands like, new york dolls, kiss, hanoi rocks, faith no more, guns n roses, judas priest, Tigertailz, pretty boy floyd, dissection, def leppard, johnny thunders (god s2), ramones and many many more. I'm also a collector of CDs, vinyl and also have passion for collecting bootleg dvd by several bands, concert flyers and my great passion... guitar picks. Now in March I will see the band for the second time, this time in sao paulo. I hope to review the personnel of the band, Chris and many friends who are also fans of the band and live in Brazil but not in the same city as me. well, I think is that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #152284 by riKki reKkless
riKki reKkless replied the topic: Introduce Yourself
Cool story, man!

More
5 years 8 months ago #152286 by musefan26
musefan26 replied the topic: Introduce Yourself
Hey Lidio,

And hello everyone else :)

More
5 years 8 months ago #152297 by ArySic
ArySic replied the topic: Introduce Yourself
Hi Lidio, welcome!! :)

A-Riot of Crashdiet Italian Street-team

CrashDiet Italian Street Team

More
5 years 8 months ago #152299 by SallyCruz666
SallyCruz666 replied the topic: Introduce Yourself
Hi Lidio!!! Have a good time here=)

Everybody dies, why not die as a warrior? LONG LIVE ROCK N' ROLL!!!!!!!!!! :D

R.I.S. Dave Lepard

More
5 years 8 months ago #152301 by Sheila
Sheila replied the topic: Introduce Yourself
Welcome Lidio :lol: I think I've heard about that thing before, in a interview. At least they were talking about another band that was named Crashdiet, prettty sure it was brazilian. Anyway, fun story. :lol:

More
5 years 8 months ago #152320 by lidiorabello
hello guys, thank you all for the welcome . yes yes this band was here in Brazil I worked on it. but then must explain to that it was just a tribute to guns n roses and we were changing the band name to wisache because we are starting to compose our own music. we exchanged a few emails with dave but then lost the contact. that story is story was funny and so that way I met Crashdiet o /

More
5 years 8 months ago #152383 by Sarah
Sarah replied the topic: Introduce Yourself
Lidio you got an amazing story :) welcome here :lol:

More
5 years 8 months ago #152384 by Fhina
Fhina replied the topic: Introduce Yourself
Welcome Lidio and great story! :)

"To follow your dreams is something you really should do in your life, to achieve something that is really important to you."

Streetteam Finland

More
5 years 8 months ago #152510 by Hertsi88
Hertsi88 replied the topic: Introduce Yourself
Welcome Lidio!

More
5 years 8 months ago #152548 by Gambino
Gambino replied the topic: Introduce Yourself
Welcome on board, Mr. Lidio

Antonio

More
5 years 8 months ago #152550 by lidiorabello
thank you all for the welcome my friendsss o/

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.348 seconds