Crashdiet

Crucified Barbara :O

More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #163580 by peterlondon
peterlondon created the topic: Crucified Barbara :O
Quite shocking news since they've been around since forever.

Hey everyone!

Today we are sad to say that a long journey has come to an end. Crucified Barbara were our dream and you all, made it come true!

The times we've had together as a band and shared on (and off) stage with you guys, leaves memories that no time can kill.

Our lives have parted and we need to move on. The last years have taken its toll on all of us and the joy of playing together got lost somewhere along the way.

But we are musicians at heart and the last chord is not taken for any of us, so we will probably see each other again, under different circumstances and in other variations.

Thanks to everyone we worked with during the years who believed in us when no one else did.
But without you, our fans, we wouldn't have seen the beauty and the strength of what rock music can do.

Thank you again for making our dream come true!

All the best and biggest respect!

Sincerely,

Crucified Barbara
Mia, Klara, Nicki, Ida

It's sad but understandable - it's difficult to keep a band together if the joy of playing together isn't there ;). It's certainly doable but it eats you up from inside.... So I'm kind of glad for them that they took this step, even if it means the end of one of today's absolute top bands.

“Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think.
Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there
was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than
when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.”
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh...
Attachments:
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by peterlondon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago #163584 by friedoctopus
friedoctopus replied the topic: Crucified Barbara :O
I had never heard of Crucified Barbara before the 2013 US tour with Crashdiet. And to be honest, I was actively dreading their set because the very small number of all-female bands I'd seen before had seemed gimmicky and talentless. I stupidly assumed the same would be true for them. But five seconds into their sound check in Jerome, ID it was clear how very wrong I was. They were something special and I immediately became a fan.

I'm so glad I had a chance to see them twice on that tour, to be a fan while they were still active, hear a new album released, get my friends into them, and see them play once more in my own hometown. Of course I was very sad to hear of their dissolution, but I have the utmost respect for them for making that decision, for putting their body of work to rest while it was still pure and hadn't lost its magic.

"Though strange lay the waters from which they emerged, they glanced upon the world as their own; yet deep in their hearts they knew all the time that this was not really their home." -Watain, 'They Rode On,' 2013

More
2 years 3 months ago #163585 by peterlondon
peterlondon replied the topic: Re:Crucified Barbara :O
Yeah they have way more balls than any "boy band" I've ever learned to know ;). Mia is a genius on the accordion as well. Glad to hear you like them too, I kind of had a feeling that would be the case hehe.

“Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think.
Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there
was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than
when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.”
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh...

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds