Crashdiet

what do you make of this?

More
2 years 2 months ago #163411 by friedoctopus
friedoctopus replied the topic: what do you make of this?

mrs v. viper wrote: If the technologies would have been there the same shift would've happened in the 60s/70s/80s already.

Yes, this is absolutely true. I don't mean to imply that there has been any fundamental change in people as a whole. It's just that the technological shifts have enabled those qualities to present themselves in this area. I believe it would have happened the same way at any point. It's the natural response to having so much, so readily available.

You make a lot of good points, none of which I take issue with. And maybe you're right that my view is a cynical one, but I don't shy away from admitting to be a cynic. :)

"Though strange lay the waters from which they emerged, they glanced upon the world as their own; yet deep in their hearts they knew all the time that this was not really their home." -Watain, 'They Rode On,' 2013

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #163412 by mrs v. viper
mrs v. viper replied the topic: what do you make of this?
:) So am I alot of times haha

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

More
2 years 2 days ago #163530 by nage
nage replied the topic: what do you make of this?

mrs v. viper wrote:

friedoctopus wrote: But the only bottom line I can see to explain what has happened is, people in general are lazy and fickle, and this is what we get.

I don't necessarily disagree with this statement, but I still want to (a bit provocatively) ask, are they really?

I know you don't necessarily meant it that way, but in this context it's easy fo fall in a false sense of nostalgia where "things were better, and the people were better too."

I mean don't be fooled. If the technologies would have been there the same shift would've happened in the 60s/70s/80s already.

I think blaming people for failing musicians because they are fickle and lazy is a bit cynical. Each generation has their problems and worries. Of course people won't care, if they don't have reason to really put their minds to it, and thats just was easy access does. (because yeah they are fickle and lazy, abou some things. But who isnt ignorant of at least one important issue in the world, especially now?)

I think the main issue is awareness. People aren't all mean greedy sharks. Most people want others to be compensated for their work.
There are several studies about how people directly confronted with modern day slavery stop buying clothes made my those workers in asia etc, but only when they are directly confronted with it. It's a shame humans work that way, but who is seriously mentally strong enough to care about EVERYTHING.

the problem is that the music industry of past days has created the invisible artist, so people don't see these issues we've been talking about. Corporate business does that to people. People can't actually imagine musicians to be in the situations they are in, so we should raise awareness about thise things when we can.

Well said, Anna. 100% agreed.

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds