Crashdiet

Biters

More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #162968 by XiLaii
XiLaii created the topic: Biters
(Since people are back and interacting here again, it makes sense to get some real discussions going...)

It's very unlike me to start a thread instead of just hiding and replying to some of them, but I think these guys might be up the street of some people here (if you've not already heard of them that is - I find myself living under a rock most of the time lately!)

Lately I've been binging on lots of Biters - an American band that were pushed onto my radar earlier this year,

Here's their most recent single/Official Video for Low Lives in Hi Definition:

The video is a little tacky to say the least (I didn't realise just how much until I saw the image chosen for the still...), but the song is kind of an ear-worm. Plus it includes perhaps the best insult I've ever heard that made it past radio edit censors (Apprently, UK Radio stations will censor out "bitch" but "sexless gimps" is fine. :P

This is probably my favorite:

What seems even better though, is that they actually seem to be getting some "attention". Big rock stations in the UK have picked them up and I've been hearing their most recent single at work of all places. Plus, they just got picked to play on the already sold out Kerrang! tour across the UK. It's being headlined by Sum 41 so it's certainly not for everyone, but that's a huge amount of exposure.

Plus, they're pretty damn great live, and I'm pretty gutted I won't be catching them on the aforementioned tour :(

I must admit, I kind of fell for them pretty quickly after someone convinced me to give them a listen, but in looking around the internet to find videos and such to post, it really seems that they have polarized people's views. I think I can see what would be annoying about them, but I'm happy to overlook it on account that I actually enjoy the music.

So, any thoughts? :lol:

Well you know how the story goes, if it's too loud then you're too old.
Photo Blog // Flickr
Last Edit: 2 years 10 months ago by XiLaii.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #162971 by mrs v. viper
mrs v. viper replied the topic: Biters
Living under a rock is my life too :lol: I have listened to these tho. I'm pretty sure it was because you posted something about a gig on fb though so im not sure if that counts in this instance :p

i like them. more for background/party/cleaning music than for actual deep listening (if that makes sense for anyone but me) but I do love the kind of flair they have :lol:

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

More
2 years 10 months ago #162973 by XiLaii
XiLaii replied the topic: Biters

mrs v. viper wrote: Living under a rock is my life too :lol: I have listened to these tho. I'm pretty sure it was because you posted something about a gig on fb though so im not sure if that counts in this instance :p

Definitely counts! I only discovered them when Alma told me they were playing in my city so I had cram-listen to them to get up to sleep before I went to the show.

i like them. more for background/party/cleaning music than for actual deep listening (if that makes sense for anyone but me) but I do love the kind of flair they have :lol:

I'm actually really glad that you like them haha. I really value your opinion and I'm always that little bit more concerned about what you'll think :p

But yeah, I think you hit it on the head - they know exactly what type of band they're trying to be and I think they're quite good at it ;)

Well you know how the story goes, if it's too loud then you're too old.
Photo Blog // Flickr

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds