Crashdiet

Your 5 favorite albums

More
4 years 10 months ago #157423 by GunsNCrüeSWE
GunsNCrüeSWE replied the topic: Your 5 favorite albums

Sandy Sikk wrote:

GunsNCrüeSWE wrote: SLAAAUGHTER OF THE SOUL!!!!

one of the greatest fucking albums ever made.

Indeed. Well I like all At The Gates albums.
Prefer Slaughter Of The Souls and With Fear I kiss the Burning Darkness though.

And all that is holy, holy shall be...
Let the light bless and
let these words proclaim the blessing.
Let the seal be broken and let the light prevail

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #157434 by Ralphy Lee Fox
Ralphy Lee Fox replied the topic: Your 5 favorite albums
It's a tough question, but if I had to choose the most influential albums with the biggest impact on me throughout my whole life so far, I'd say:

(in no particular order)

Motley Crue - Theatre Of Pain
Shotgun Messiah - S/T
Tigertailz - Bezerk
David Lee Roth - Eat'em And Smile
Helix - Walkin' The Razor's Edge
Though the last one is really hard to choose, It could also be some album by Ratt, Warrant, early Pantera, London, Cinderella or Dokken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #157435 by GunsNCrüeSWE
GunsNCrüeSWE replied the topic: Your 5 favorite albums

Ralphy Lee Fox wrote: It's a tough question, but if I had to choose the most influential albums with the biggest impact on me throughout my whole life so far, I'd say:

(in no particular order)

Motley Crue - Theatre Of Pain
Shotgun Messiah - S/T
Tigertailz - Bezerk
David Lee Roth - Eat'em And Smile
Helix - Walkin' The Razor's Edge
Though the last one is really hard to choose, It could also be some album by Ratt, Warrant, early Pantera, London, Cinderella or Dokken

Theatre of pain? Wuuut,

And all that is holy, holy shall be...
Let the light bless and
let these words proclaim the blessing.
Let the seal be broken and let the light prevail

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #157438 by Ralphy Lee Fox
Ralphy Lee Fox replied the topic: Your 5 favorite albums

GunsNCrüeSWE wrote:

Ralphy Lee Fox wrote: It's a tough question, but if I had to choose the most influential albums with the biggest impact on me throughout my whole life so far, I'd say:

(in no particular order)

Motley Crue - Theatre Of Pain
Shotgun Messiah - S/T
Tigertailz - Bezerk
David Lee Roth - Eat'em And Smile
Helix - Walkin' The Razor's Edge
Though the last one is really hard to choose, It could also be some album by Ratt, Warrant, early Pantera, London, Cinderella or Dokken

Theatre of pain? Wuuut,



Yup. Motley Crue at their best and the height of rock n' roll debauchery. Strutting their stuff in style, filled up with cocaine and whiskey.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #157447 by GunsNCrüeSWE
GunsNCrüeSWE replied the topic: Your 5 favorite albums
To me that album is just boring. Sure Home Sweet Home is nice. But they are completely lost and they sound so tired that it is unbelievable.

And all that is holy, holy shall be...
Let the light bless and
let these words proclaim the blessing.
Let the seal be broken and let the light prevail

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #157454 by Ralphy Lee Fox
Ralphy Lee Fox replied the topic: Your 5 favorite albums
Totally disagree. For me, TOP has this magic vibe of the late and once-so-fun-and-colorful L.A. Sunset Strip. I love the sound too. It's quite heavy (City Boy Blues, Save Our Souls, Louder Than Hell, Tonight) but still catchy and melodic. The lyrics are sometimes even dark but still it's a typical party album.

On the other hand, I've always thought "Girls x3" and "Too fast for love" were a bit overrated. I mean, I still love 'em, there are some great songs on those albums (FYI, Motley Crue is my absolute fave band ever), but in general, in comparison to most Motley Crue fans, I'm not so obsessed with those two. TOP has been always my fave, then Feelgood and Shout equally.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #157470 by peterlondon
peterlondon replied the topic: Your 5 favorite albums

Ralphy Lee Fox wrote: Totally disagree. For me, TOP has this magic vibe of the late and once-so-fun-and-colorful L.A. Sunset Strip. I love the sound too. It's quite heavy (City Boy Blues, Save Our Souls, Louder Than Hell, Tonight) but still catchy and melodic. The lyrics are sometimes even dark but still it's a typical party album.

My thoughts exactly! Cool :)

//LONDON

“Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think.
Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there
was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than
when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.”
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #157472 by Ralphy Lee Fox
Ralphy Lee Fox replied the topic: Your 5 favorite albums
Blondies think alike, I presume. ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #157473 by glam_junkie
glam_junkie replied the topic: Your 5 favorite albums

Ralphy Lee Fox wrote:

On the other hand, I've always thought "Girls x3" and "Too fast for love" were a bit overrated. I mean, I still love 'em, there are some great songs on those albums (FYI, Motley Crue is my absolute fave band ever), but in general, in comparison to most Motley Crue fans, I'm not so obsessed with those two. TOP has been always my fave, then Feelgood and Shout equally.



TFFL is easily my favourite Motley album.
I grew up in the Dr Feelgood era, and didn't discover TFFL until later.
I think TFFL would be in my Top 20 albums of all time, but none of their other would make my Top 50.

To me TFFL was more sleazy, whereas stuff like Dr. Feelgood was getting more into the hair-metal arena.
And their last few albums.... i don't think would have got much public notice if they didn't have the 'motley crue' label on them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #157479 by Fhina
Fhina replied the topic: Your 5 favorite albums
In no specific order:

Sixx: A.M. - This is gonna hurt
Lana Del Rey - Born to die - Paradise Edition (and especially the Paradise CD)
Thirty Seconds To Mars - Love Lust Faith + Dreams
Crashdiet - The Savage Playground
Hardcorse Superstar - Split your Lip

But it changes from time to time,,,

"To follow your dreams is something you really should do in your life, to achieve something that is really important to you."

Streetteam Finland

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #157498 by martinkrush
martinkrush replied the topic: Your 5 favorite albums

glam_junkie wrote: To me TFFL was more sleazy, whereas stuff like Dr. Feelgood was getting more into the hair-metal arena.
And their last few albums.... i don't think would have got much public notice if they didn't have the 'motley crue' label on them.


Yeah, I quite agree with that. Too Fast had even some punk feel to it, it sounds a bit underground, like Metallica's Kill 'Em All for instance - that production, young, raw energy. Dr. Feelgood though has a brilliant sound, it's perfect but what would you expect from Bob Rock, the best producer ever. Still, the most underrated album is definitely the self-titled one with John Corabi on vocals. It's simply amazing, heavy, dark and musically/lyrically way better than anything else ever done by that band. John totally owns Vince, also Tommy shines on that one. But it shouldn't have been labeled as Mötley Crüe, though it was due to commercial reasons.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #157512 by peterlondon
peterlondon replied the topic: Your 5 favorite albums

glam_junkie wrote: And their last few albums.... i don't think would have got much public notice if they didn't have the 'motley crue' label on them.

I can recommend the Saints of Los Angeles album though, it's pretty good actually, heard it the other day for the first time hehe.

//LONDON

“Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think.
Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there
was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than
when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.”
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.324 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum