Crashdiet

Music Guilty Pleasure

More
5 years 4 months ago #156477 by mrs v. viper
mrs v. viper replied the topic: Music Guilty Pleasure

GunsNCrüeSWE wrote: Mötley tshirt comes to me and say they like Watain I would most likely beat the person and call him/her poser.

considering you would wear a Kent shirt and like Watain makes you the same kind of "poser" tho.. and with that a hypocritical one too ;)

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #156479 by GunsNCrüeSWE
GunsNCrüeSWE replied the topic: Music Guilty Pleasure
No, because I will come up with a cool Reason to like Kent and Then say that Niklas Kvarforth from Shining loves Kent.

And all that is holy, holy shall be...
Let the light bless and
let these words proclaim the blessing.
Let the seal be broken and let the light prevail

More
5 years 4 months ago #156481 by mrs v. viper
who says the guy in a Mötley shirt couldn't come up with agood reason to like them? to my ears "Mötley was freinds with Guns N Roses and Danielsson likes G'N'R" is as much a stupid/valid reason to like them as "Kvarforth likes Kent" is a reason to be ok with Kent. (considering he's bloody pathetic himself adds to the stupidness of that argument imo but hey... maybe i just don't "get it")

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson

More
5 years 4 months ago #156483 by GunsNCrüeSWE
Nah, Shining - Kent is better. Kvarforth is genius.

Let the light bless and

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #156484 by beaut?ful
beaut?ful replied the topic: Music Guilty Pleasure
I don't give a damn 'bout genres and scenes and I address that quite openly. I can't understand how people can be proud or guilty about the music they listen to. It's not like they made it themselves, so there's no reason for that. If we play it back or let it be played to us, then we're just recipients. That's not wrong, it can be the cause for very beautiful experiences (do support the shit out of artists), but I for my part just try to distill what I can get out of it for myself. I use genres only to get a general idea of what I can expect, but I'm very keen to find out what different sounds can be made with which instrument and what overall arrangements can be done with what resulting effect. You can find me anywhere where there's music, be it with underground or easy listening status.

And to like or dislike someone just because someone else does is really fuckin' low. And posing for sure.

(I've met Kvarforth, he's just a weak addict without grace and attitude. Just the fact that he spends some time with his guitars does not make him less of a wreck. Depression is no art in itself.)
Last Edit: 5 years 4 months ago by beaut?ful.

More
5 years 4 months ago #156486 by GunsNCrüeSWE
But the way Kvarforth expresses it is art. The way he really gives you a gun to the head in musical form. That My friend... is art. Of course the fact that he lives on pills just makes the idea stronger.

Let the light bless and

More
5 years 4 months ago #156487 by mrs v. viper
Hmm. I don't want to turn this thread into a Niklas Kvarforth discussion, but I dunno.. I get the part of.. celebrating selfdestruction. Ieven get that art part. I dunno. I find it repulsive, but so do I find picasso tbh and I'm not one to judge. I think what really puts me off Kvarforth is that he doesn't make the most intelligent impression on me (hes just indulgent without refelection it seems to me. indulgence is fine when you do it conciously but i have the impression he's just indulgent and proud of it without making a concious decision about it, and that in my experience is just a sign of not the most highest IQ... or maybe it's naivity) but is totally self absorbed at the same time. no good mixture. it leads to, as beautiful quite fitting said, no grace or attitude whatsoever.

More
5 years 4 months ago #156515 by GunsNCrüeSWE
Depends, He owes every single person money, he walks around with a knife all the time and is generally a douchebag. But that is irrelevant to me. However he was more of an artist before, these days he just lives on the legacy of V: Halmstad.

Let the light bless and

More
4 years 8 months ago #161519 by RATT88
RATT88 replied the topic: Music Guilty Pleasure
My guilty pleasure in music would have to be Bryan Adams, only because it reminds me of my childhood!

More
4 years 8 months ago #161523 by mrs v. viper
As someone who used to run around with a patch saying "drum machines have no soul" I am a bit ashamed of loving 8bit programmed music lately.

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #163154 by nopeimnotalice
nopeimnotalice replied the topic: Music Guilty Pleasure
Britney Spears is my music guilty pleasure. I don't know why.
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by nopeimnotalice.

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.338 seconds