Crashdiet

"What are you listening to now" thread

More
1 year 5 days ago #163673

Metallica - Confusion

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #163674

Khachaturian - Masquerade Waltz

"So you ask me how it feels to be a stick in the wheel
I tell you honey it feels alright
to be another clog in the wrecking machine
wouldn't even cross my mind"
The following user(s) gave Kudos to this post: Eadu

More
11 months 1 week ago #163675

That's actually one of my favourite waltzes. I love the over-the-top drama. What I'm listening to right now, as is typical of me, is pretty much everything. The song currently rocking on my Pandora, and making me annoy the neighbors, is called "Queen of the Underground" - a song by a band no one but me has apparently ever heard of, called Bloom. I mean seriously, even if you google them, you're likely to get other bands named "Bloom." But they had a great album called "Osinner," and "Queen of the Underground" is a barn burner.

Waking up with mystery glitter. Win.
The following user(s) gave Kudos to this post: fizzy

More
11 months 5 days ago #163676

Eadu wrote:

That's actually one of my favourite waltzes. I love the over-the-top drama.

Absolutely agree!

"So you ask me how it feels to be a stick in the wheel
I tell you honey it feels alright
to be another clog in the wrecking machine
wouldn't even cross my mind"

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #163684

This week I'm obsessively listening to the debut album of Pillorian, a new band from Portland, Oregon formed from the remains of Agalloch after their breakup last year. I'll be attending their first show ever tomorrow night.

"Though strange lay the waters from which they emerged, they glanced upon the world as their own; yet deep in their hearts they knew all the time that this was not really their home." -Watain, 'They Rode On,' 2013

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #163685

First show EVER? Give us a report! I haven't been to Oregon in years.

Waking up with mystery glitter. Win.

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #163686

As expected, it was an excellent show. Definitely different from the Agalloch performances that I had grown to love so much, but there were moments that felt so familiar. I think this band has all the potential to be even better than Agalloch was.

One thing that cracked me up was the group of people chanting "One! More! Song!" when they were finished, not considering that being a brand new band, the set that they had just played was their entire library. They didn't have one more song.

Now after the home town show, they're off to Europe for their first tour.

"Though strange lay the waters from which they emerged, they glanced upon the world as their own; yet deep in their hearts they knew all the time that this was not really their home." -Watain, 'They Rode On,' 2013
Last Edit: 7 months 2 weeks ago by friedoctopus.

More
3 days 5 hours ago #163694

Watain's Nuclear Alchemy has been out for two weeks now and I still can't stop listening to it.

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.394 seconds