Crashdiet

SWEET CREATURE (band)

More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #163483 by julius_leopard
julius_leopard created the topic: SWEET CREATURE (band)
Hi folks.

You might probably already know about it... In case you don't, I'm attaching the link regarding the " Not like others " single.
"Sweet Creature" is a new musical project, fronted by Martin Sweet.

Personally, I like the demo. Nice lyrics, but I'd obviously expect more guitar solos from Martin's stuff :-).
However... The fact that one of the members should be Tin Star from Gemini Five (see 2:50), makes me look forward and want to hear more.

What do you think?
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by julius_leopard.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago #163484 by fizzy
fizzy replied the topic: SWEET CREATURE (band)
At first I thought it's Olliver Twisted singing this!!! The verse sounds so much like something from TUR. Overall I think it's a good song but not really grabbing me that much.

"So you ask me how it feels to be a stick in the wheel
I tell you honey it feels alright
to be another clog in the wrecking machine
wouldn't even cross my mind"

More
2 years 3 months ago #163486 by friedoctopus
friedoctopus replied the topic: SWEET CREATURE (band)
I think it's awesome, I really like him as a vocalist. Remembering the demo version of Falling Rain, my first thought when Simon left Crashdïet was that they shouldn't replace him at all; continue with the three of them and have Martin handle lead vocal duties. This is further proof that he'd be more than competent...

"Though strange lay the waters from which they emerged, they glanced upon the world as their own; yet deep in their hearts they knew all the time that this was not really their home." -Watain, 'They Rode On,' 2013

More
2 years 3 months ago #163487 by judastheinnocent
judastheinnocent replied the topic: SWEET CREATURE (band)

fizzy wrote: At first I thought it's Olliver Twisted singing this!!!

So I wasn't the only one thinking about this! I was like "this sounds somehow familiar... Oh God I feel a bit horrible for thinking this but he sounds so much like Olli!" It was nice and catchy and a great surprise to start my morning with, and I am looking forward to the reveal of rest of the lineup.
I agree with friedoctopus, Crashdiet could go far with Martin in vocals.

More
2 years 3 months ago #163488 by fizzy
Actually, perhaps that is what they are thinking about as well? Not finding a new singer but let Martin sing and perhaps get someone new on guitar?

More
2 years 3 months ago #163489 by julius_leopard
julius_leopard replied the topic: SWEET CREATURE (band)

judastheinnocent wrote: looking forward to the reveal of rest of the lineup.

I guess the guy on the left might be Michael Sweet (Martin's brother). So, the line-up would be:

Martin Sweet (Crashdiet) - Lead Voice
Tin Star (Gemini Five) - Guitar
Michael Sweet (Toxic Rose) - Drums

No idea about the bass though... At first, I was thinking about Linus Nirbrant (don't know why, haha), but he doesn't look like him.

More
2 years 3 months ago #163492 by Nasto Suominen
Nasto Suominen replied the topic: SWEET CREATURE (band)

julius_leopard wrote:

judastheinnocent wrote: looking forward to the reveal of rest of the lineup.

I guess the guy on the left might be Michael Sweet (Martin's brother). So, the line-up would be:

Martin Sweet (Crashdiet) - Lead Voice
Tin Star (Gemini Five) - Guitar
Michael Sweet (Toxic Rose) - Drums

No idea about the bass though... At first, I was thinking about Linus Nirbrant (don't know why, haha), but he doesn't look like him.

Michael Sweet doesn't participate in a line-up of Sweet Creature. Martin said: "NO"))))

More
2 years 3 months ago #163495 by mrs v. viper
mrs v. viper replied the topic: SWEET CREATURE (band)
I was reminded of TUR aswell, and I wonder if the actually chose Olli (even subcoconsciously) because he fitted Martins demos from back then. I mean he never sounded anything like Dave ir later Simon and Martin sang on alot of the TUR demos.

Also, both Peter and Martin have both always been remarkably stubborn about singing for diet. (Its not like theyve never been pressed for it or anything :p) so I really don't see that happening.

I personally hope they do something like slash did on his first solo, get a buncha people to feature. I mean honestly CRASHDÏET is really just those 3 by now who've been through it all, what singer wouldnt feel a little like the extra wheel i wonder...

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

More
2 years 3 months ago #163498 by fizzy

mrs v. viper wrote: I mean honestly CRASHDÏET is really just those 3 by now who've been through it all, what singer wouldnt feel a little like the extra wheel i wonder...

That might be exactly the problem? No one wants to fill those shoes because it is impossible?

More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #163503 by mrs v. viper
mrs v. viper replied the topic: SWEET CREATURE (band)
yeah, I mean I know I wouldn't want to do that^^

Or maybe they have abandonment issues. I know I do after people walked out on me repeatedly :P
Not exactly eager to trust anyone.

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by mrs v. viper.

More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #163504 by peterlondon
peterlondon replied the topic: SWEET CREATURE (band)

mrs v. viper wrote: Or maybe they have abandonment issues. I know I do after people walked out on me repeatedly :P

Spot on!!! :D

Haha, no, but seriously... We ain't quitting. Things have been amazingly slow and silent, I know. We all have day jobs sucking up most of our time and other musical projects - where we actually have a singer - which naturally makes it easier to put the effort there... You know, just plug n' play compared to having to install stuff, look for the right parts, drivers etc haha :D. Yes I might have been a little lazy too, can't deny that... anyways....

I live and breath CRASHDÏET every day, I love this band more than life itself (even though that expression maybe doesn't say much hahaha) and quitting has never been an option regardless of what. And I know I won't regret saying that.

Since this thread is about Sweet I should probably mention that I'm fucking thrilled that he has managed to released something on his own - and I think it sounds amazing and I'm obviously a huge fan of the song writing hehe so to me this is a huge thing. Happy to see this taking off! Good luck Martin we love you <3!

“Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think.
Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there
was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than
when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.”
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh...
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by peterlondon.
The following user(s) gave Kudos to this post: fizzy, mrs v. viper, judastheinnocent

More
2 years 3 months ago #163508 by Nasto Suominen
Nasto Suominen replied the topic: SWEET CREATURE (band)

peterlondon wrote:

mrs v. viper wrote: Or maybe they have abandonment issues. I know I do after people walked out on me repeatedly :P

Spot on!!! :D

Haha, no, but seriously... We ain't quitting. Things have been amazingly slow and silent, I know. We all have day jobs sucking up most of our time and other musical projects - where we actually have a singer - which naturally makes it easier to put the effort there... You know, just plug n' play compared to having to install stuff, look for the right parts, drivers etc haha :D. Yes I might have been a little lazy too, can't deny that... anyways....

I live and breath CRASHDÏET every day, I love this band more than life itself (even though that expression maybe doesn't say much hahaha) and quitting has never been an option regardless of what. And I know I won't regret saying that.

Since this thread is about Sweet I should probably mention that I'm fucking thrilled that he has managed to released something on his own - and I think it sounds amazing and I'm obviously a huge fan of the song writing hehe so to me this is a huge thing. Happy to see this taking off! Good luck Martin we love you <3!

Hi, Peter! Thanks a million for your good news - it's so easy to be the happiest fan ever)))) As I said before, CRASHDÏET is a rock-solid band. And I keep my fingers crossed for you, guys - just do what you have to do, we'll be waiting. And you'll always have any kind of support - anyway, anyhow! \m/

Talking about newborn Sweet Creature... Awww, it's awesome band. It's all about love at first listen. Great sound, tough lyrics and the Sweetest as a frontman - dreams come true! Martin, you rock <3!

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.298 seconds