Crashdiet

The end of Crashdiet?

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #163478 by fizzy
fizzy created the topic: The end of Crashdiet?
This forum is quiet, Martin is having a new project and joined Sister and no news for ages regarding a singer begs the question what is happening?

"So you ask me how it feels to be a stick in the wheel
I tell you honey it feels alright
to be another clog in the wrecking machine
wouldn't even cross my mind"
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by fizzy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #163480 by friedoctopus
friedoctopus replied the topic: The end of Crashdiet?
I don't expect that's the case. It might be, but under these circumstances a quiet period doesn't signal the end of times to me. Only change, and change is something this band has dealt with gracefully in the past. (I have admittedly been wrong about this before, though; even after months of silence I was completely blindsided by In Solitude's dissolution. Never saw it coming.) Either way, we'll know in due time.

"Though strange lay the waters from which they emerged, they glanced upon the world as their own; yet deep in their hearts they knew all the time that this was not really their home." -Watain, 'They Rode On,' 2013

More
1 year 9 months ago #163482 by judastheinnocent
judastheinnocent replied the topic: The end of Crashdiet?
I think Martin said Crashdiet will still be his main band when he was asked about it somewhere around joining SISTER. So I am still having my hopes up. Crashdiet coming end of its road would be horrible and I refuse to believe it until it has been officially said.

More
1 year 9 months ago #163485 by fizzy
fizzy replied the topic: The end of Crashdiet?
Well, it sort of depends on how Martin's solo project turns out I think. It wouldn't be unimaginable that they take an extensive break (years) but may well get back together in the future

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #163491 by julius_leopard
julius_leopard replied the topic: The end of Crashdiet?

judastheinnocent wrote: I think Martin said Crashdiet will still be his main band when he was asked about it somewhere around joining SISTER.

He also gave the same reply when asked about Sweet Creature.

Sorry, have to edit, I'd like to clarify my sentence:

When announcing the release of Sweet Creature's first song, he was asked if that was the end of Crashdiet.
He replied: "nope".

(instagram, if I remember correctly)
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by julius_leopard.

More
1 year 9 months ago #163493 by Nasto Suominen
Nasto Suominen replied the topic: The end of Crashdiet?
Oh, my... Crashdiet is rock-solid band! And it's pretty strange to read all these sad questions on Martin's Instagram page. If something wrong happens, London would write a post here immediately, I think. Finally, we have their music and it's more than enough to stay tuned )))

More
1 year 9 months ago #163494 by mrs v. viper
mrs v. viper replied the topic: The end of Crashdiet?
I dont really get why people just assume DïET is dead just because Martin has a new project(s). Tons if people do it. Nicke Borg and Dregen both did, people never really questioned backyard babies. Theres mire exemples, tons of musicians have more than one project?

I get it, special situation with singer quitting but still, its completely normal and doesnt confirm or deny anything.

Theyve repeatedly said they are still together.

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

More
1 year 9 months ago #163499 by fizzy

mrs v. viper wrote: Nicke Borg and Dregen both did, people never really questioned backyard babies.

Well they announced that they would take a break, I think that is something totally different. Crashdiet haven't publicly announced anything for over a year

More
1 year 9 months ago #163502 by mrs v. viper
mrs v. viper replied the topic: The end of Crashdiet?
^ fair point! still think its a little weird after they keep answering all the questions with "yes, it still exists"... They also do have a history of not making big announcements when nothing is happening.

Honestly if it doesn't work out anymore so be it. Its not like its unimaginable that they call it quits I just thought bands taking breaks is normal.

maybe I'm just used to radio silence. Piece of advice for those who panic, don't become a Witchcraft fan.

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #163506 by judastheinnocent
judastheinnocent replied the topic: The end of Crashdiet?
I took part in a short conversation in Instagram concidering Crashdiet's existence and it seems like people are quite eager to throw the "Yeah it's dead and buried" comments around. As I said being a bit scared since Crashdiet is one of the most important bands to me around there, I actually got answer from Martin: "Don't be [afraid] :) We won't be back tomorrow but definetly when the time is right".
So, at least I am going to sleep my nights a bit better now, listen to old Crashdiet and wait for the new music to come. :)
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by judastheinnocent.

More
1 year 9 months ago #163507 by fizzy
Yeah, Peter said on here too that they aren't quitting. I guess it is just the lack of news that people think the band is over

More
1 year 9 months ago #163509 by friedoctopus
friedoctopus replied the topic: The end of Crashdiet?
We as fans are too conditioned to having a constant flow of news in the information age, even if it's just little insignificant things that never would have been considered "news" enough to see the light of day in the past. So it's only natural for people to jump to conclusions if there's a reduction in that. The way I see it, speculation is fine, but I never conclude anything until I hear it without doubt through official channels. Meanwhile, the best thing we can do is step back and let them do their thing and live their lives (sometimes it's easy to forget our favorite musicians are real people too!), and continue to rabidly support them in every way we possibly can.

"Though strange lay the waters from which they emerged, they glanced upon the world as their own; yet deep in their hearts they knew all the time that this was not really their home." -Watain, 'They Rode On,' 2013

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.299 seconds