Crashdiet

How did you discover Crashdïet?

More
7 years 7 months ago #120276 by MachineGun Rita
MachineGun Rita replied the topic: How did you discover Crashdïet?
I discovered Crashdiet by listening to Reckless Love and finding out that Olli also played with Crashdiet. This led me to look up Crashdiet and now it is an addiction I can't stop listening to them.

Cock Rock, Shock Pop!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #120281 by axl whïte
axl whïte replied the topic: How did you discover Crashdïet?

MachineGun Rita wrote: I discovered Crashdiet by listening to Reckless Love and finding out that Olli also played with Crashdiet. This led me to look up Crashdiet and now it is an addiction I can't stop listening to them.

You should totally steal more fans from him ;)

Listen to an album from a band you've never heard of every day, get enlightened! :)

More
7 years 7 months ago #120282 by FailingBreath
FailingBreath replied the topic: How did you discover Crashdïet?
Ah, i didn't even know that a thread like this existed...
It's weird sometimes how you completely fall for something but then again can't remember the exact moment when you got to know about those things you end up loving so much..
To me it's pretty much like that with Crashdiet.. I remember that back in 2005 my guitarteacher gave me a cd with many different songs by different bands and of course I ended up liking some and not liking others.. I can't tell anymore what Crashdiet songs were on it but I remember that with this CD I started to listen to Crashdiet.. I didn't think that they were awesome from the very beginning but it absolutely grew to me with time ;) But then again I never really cared about the things going on behind the music and I have no idea how I happened to find out about Dave's death.. Probably someone told me..
So i kept listening to Rest in Sleaze but stopped looking out for new material because I didn't expect any.. When I found out about the new singer and listened to the new CD I was pretty disappointed.. Still can't really tell why but it just never touched me the way RIS did.. So chapter Crashdiet was closed to me altough of course Rest in Sleaze kept playing from time to time .. Just like good CDs always will..
The Generation Wild Album was a real surprise for me as I absolutely didn't know that there was a new singer again but I was impressed because that band just managed to get me again... Never expected that... So some ups and downs in that story but from now on I think I'll go for the ups ^^

~we're all victims of something, if only of the fact that we're alive~

More
7 years 7 months ago #120283 by peterlondon
peterlondon replied the topic: How did you discover Crashdïet?

MachineGun Rita wrote: This led me to look up Crashdiet and now it is an addiction I can't stop listening to them.

Sounds good! Welcome to the forums :)

//LONDON

“Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think.
Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there
was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than
when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.”
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh...

More
7 years 7 months ago #120285 by FailingBreath
FailingBreath replied the topic: How did you discover Crashdïet?

axl whïte wrote:

MachineGun Rita wrote: I discovered Crashdiet by listening to Reckless Love and finding out that Olli also played with Crashdiet. This led me to look up Crashdiet and now it is an addiction I can't stop listening to them.

exactly what i thought too ^^

~we're all victims of something, if only of the fact that we're alive~

More
7 years 7 months ago #120287 by fizzy
fizzy replied the topic: How did you discover Crashdïet?

axl whïte wrote:

hehe

"So you ask me how it feels to be a stick in the wheel
I tell you honey it feels alright
to be another clog in the wrecking machine
wouldn't even cross my mind"

More
7 years 7 months ago #120654 by julius leopard
julius leopard replied the topic: How did you discover Crashdïet?
I discovered Crashdiet because of my brother.
TUR's songs like "Alone" and "Thrill Me" still remember me how I was feeling at the moment... Around March 2008!

A storm of bad feelings and good memories...
- My ex-girlfriend kicked me a week before I listened to Crashdiet for the first time. ("...I can be the one, alooooone!...")
- Me and my friends where enjoying speed around hidden streets ("Cheating death burning down the hill...")

I was coming from Heavy Metal (Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Motoerhead) so I became in touch with TUR easily. (But I don't like few songs. I hate "Bound To Be Enslaved" for example).
But RIS blew me away! Songs like "Riot In Everyone", "Out Of Line" and "It's A Miracle" have been staying in my mind since that march 2008.

Anyway, thanxx for this thread!!!

More
7 years 7 months ago #120668 by Lizzie Gruxx
Lizzie Gruxx replied the topic: How did you discover Crashdïet?
In late 2009 I was looking for some new band. I've always liked bands like Kiss and Europe but also The Police and Pink Floyd. I was looking for a new favourite band. My cousin who also likes glam/sleaze played in a rock band some years ago. So, I checked his Myspace page and under favourite music it stood: Crashdïet. I searched for crashdïet on Youtube and I remember "Riot in Everyone" and "It's a miracle" was the first songs I listen to. From the first time I listen, I felt like wow, what great good looking band!

So, this is my story :lol:

- hell yeah sweet serenade
all those fucking chemicals
are running through my brain - SISTER - Drag me to the grave

More
7 years 7 months ago #121415 by thejoel
thejoel replied the topic: How did you discover Crashdïet?
Year was 2007 or 2008, not sure but anyways I was on Youtube. I quess I was searching for new bands. Somehow I found Riot In Everyone. Gotta say that it was love on first listening! Then I was just thinking "Yeah, how cool is this? Perfect-sounding and -looking band. And a new one". Then I recognized that the singer who had mesmerized my ears, eyes and my heart, wasn't with us anymore. Then I just felt sad..

Rest In Sleaze Dave! We love you, peace to your soul!

More
7 years 7 months ago #121418 by Miss Obscene
Miss Obscene replied the topic: How did you discover Crashdïet?

thejoel wrote: Year was 2007 or 2008, not sure but anyways I was on Youtube. I quess I was searching for new bands. Somehow I found Riot In Everyone. Gotta say that it was love on first listening! Then I was just thinking "Yeah, how cool is this? Perfect-sounding and -looking band. And a new one". Then I recognized that the singer who had mesmerized my ears, eyes and my heart, wasn't with us anymore. Then I just felt sad..

Rest In Sleaze Dave! We love you, peace to your soul!

Yeah that's the worst huh :/ for us who discovered the band a bit later.. to discover that Dave is gone...
At least we have the photos and videos of him where his charisma shines through :)

"You know what "normal" is..? A setting on a washing machine. No one wants to be that.." - Ashley Purdy

More
7 years 7 months ago #121425 by Piruparka
Piruparka replied the topic: How did you discover Crashdïet?
It was last year. I was with my brother and he just wanted to show me Riot in everyone's music video. Well, I totally fell in love, when I heard (and saw), and then my brother told me more about this band. I was really interested, so I just listened more, and more, and more.

I think Crashdïet is really important part of my life and it gives me more attitude and keeps me go on. So glad that I finally found it :lol:

More
7 years 7 months ago #121429 by glam_junkie
glam_junkie replied the topic: How did you discover Crashdïet?
I'd say my first interest in crashdiet was about 2004 on myspace. Never got the demo, but picked up RIS when it came out and have been a fan ever since.
I do recall reading reviews of the demo back then aswell, possibly on glitzine or sleazeroxx. I remember seeing picture and thinking these guys looked like wrathchild UK, and i was really into lsitening to them at the time.

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.341 seconds