Crashdiet

How did you discover Crashdïet?

More
4 years 10 months ago #158849 by MissHurricane
MissHurricane replied the topic: How did you discover Crashdïet?
I'm always watching my recommendations on last.fm and one day CRASHDÏET just popped out. I think it was because of my numerous Mötley Crüe scrobbles :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #161403 by katribear
katribear replied the topic: How did you discover Crashdïet?
I already told the tale of how I first discovered Crashdiet when I introduced myself to this forum, but I might tell the longer version now, so that people who haven't been into this part of the forum can find this thread more easily. :)

OK. The first Crashdiet song I heard was Riot In Everyone, and I head it in the old fashioned way: on the radio while sitting in my car. I was staying only less than a week in Finland with my (then) japanese boyfriend. We were there to say to my parents that we will be getting married in a couple of months. I was a total mess and kept postponing the announcement; "Let's say tomorrow", and come tomorrow, again, "let's say tomorrow." Hahaha. :lol:

All along we were in Finland, we spent most of our days driving around Southern Finland visiting all these really weird places even I didn't know existed before I had done some Internet reseach. Rest In Sleaze had just been released, so Riot In Everyone was on a power push on the local radio channel. I think they played it like once in a hour or something like that, so we heard it a lot. And every time it was playing, we would put the volume up, :) and I would say, that after getting back to Japan, the first thing we would do, was to buy that album. (I have no idea why we had to wait after getting back to Japan. I'm not the brightest tool in the box I guess.)

Anyway, I think we finally said about the wedding the second to last day. My parents took it really well.

Even today, when I hear Riot In Everyone, I remember that week and how nervous I was. :lol:

Actually every time Crashdiet has released a new album, something major has been happening in my life. When Unattractive Revolution was released, I was pregnant with my first son. When Generation Wild was released, I was pregnant with my second son. When Savage Playground was released, I hadn't listened to any music for two years. I think it was some kind of post traumatic stress related thing after the big earthquake/tsunami/nuclear meltdown, and all the shit that came after it. But finally last year I figured out, that I shouldn't worry about things I couldn't control, and started to enjoy music again. Weird! Savage Playground was one of the first CDs I bought after that.

More
4 years 5 months ago #161404 by Chaosqueen
Chaosqueen replied the topic: How did you discover Crashdïet?
really? i don't know anymore exactly

i remember that i was working on a new guitardesign and i had a "glam"rock mix open on youtube.
the first i listened to was live stuff like "cocaine cowboys" in a bad quality. so i searched more and found my way into the music of crashdiet.
now i'm here xD

More
4 years 5 months ago #161498 by RATT88
RATT88 replied the topic: How did you discover Crashdïet?
From the moment i saw riot in everyone on youtube, i was hooked.

More
4 years 5 months ago #161500 by Kattoo
Kattoo replied the topic: How did you discover Crashdïet?
I've known who they are for many years! I saw a picture of them quite a while back, and the first thing I thought was "NOW THAT"S WHAT I CALL A BAND!" and it was love ever since!

More
4 years 4 months ago #161873 by ronrocker
ronrocker replied the topic: How did you discover Crashdïet?
I somehow stumbled upon them in the internet a few years ago, probably in the related videos right next to Reckless Love's Beautiful Bomb video.
The first song i heard was Riot In Everyone, and i gotta tell ya - IT FUCKING BLEW ME AWAY!!!!
It's got such a BADASS classic/glam metal sound!!!! That's what got me hooked on Crashdiet.

More
4 years 4 months ago #161879 by Raven Phoenix
Raven Phoenix replied the topic: How did you discover Crashdïet?
mmm...I think I found Crashdïet watching videos on Youtube... The first song I heard was Breakin' the chainz, and I was really impressed!!! So I fell in love... hahahahaha!!!

More
4 years 4 months ago #161881 by karagrace99
karagrace99 replied the topic: How did you discover Crashdïet?
I was watching a music video of Just like that by Dregen and one of the recommended videos was Circus so I watched it and couldn't stop! :)

More
4 years 3 months ago #162177 by May Lepard
May Lepard replied the topic: How did you discover Crashdïet?
I discovered Crashdiet because I was looking for another band (Hardcore Superstar) and came along the Crashdiet.

More
4 years 3 months ago #162178 by May Lepard
May Lepard replied the topic: How did you discover Crashdïet?
But at first I heard Crashdiet i was not very fan only after a friend of mine said he really liked that I started to hear it.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #162424 by AzzyPoizon
AzzyPoizon replied the topic: How did you discover Crashdïet?
this is probably gonna sound really funny because these 2 bands are nothing alike, but i was listening to HIM on last.fm and scrobbled onto "Generation Wild" about 2 years ago and again when listening to Hardcore Superstar...it was love at first listen lol i can't go a day without listening to Crashdiet now.
they've moved up to my top 3 in favorite bands <3

"after midnight, out for blood..
let's make a big toast to world domination!"

More
4 years 3 weeks ago - 4 years 3 weeks ago #162426 by mrs v. viper
mrs v. viper replied the topic: How did you discover Crashdïet?

AzzyPoizon wrote: this is probably gonna sound really funny because these 2 bands are nothing alike, but i was listening to HIM on last.fm and scrobbled onto "Generation Wild" about 2 years ago and again when listening to Hardcore Superstar...it was love at first listen lol i can't go a day without listening to Crashdiet now.
they've moved up to my top 3 in favorite bands <3

haha :lol: I only found Crashdiet again because HIM is one of my favourite bands, and there was a picture of Ville wearing a Hanoi Rocks shirt, so I naturally had to check them out. So I got into Guns N Roses and Mötley and all that via Hanoi, and then found Crash in the related videos. It's not such a far cry :lol:

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany
Last Edit: 4 years 3 weeks ago by mrs v. viper.

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.345 seconds