Crashdiet

How did you discover Crashdïet?

More
7 years 8 months ago #118093 by Sleaz
Sleaz created the topic: How did you discover Crashdïet?
Hey there everyone, im just saying this straight off, how did you discover Crash?

I can tell my store but it would take like an hour to write, and i have really no energy to do that, instead im just listening to them :rolleyes: So instead, tell your story!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #118096 by axl whïte
axl whïte replied the topic: How did you discover Crashdïet?
Gnr -> Vains Of Jenna -> Crashdïet

On youtube, listenin to Riot and Queen on repeat....

Listen to an album from a band you've never heard of every day, get enlightened! :)

More
7 years 8 months ago #118100 by izzie
izzie replied the topic: How did you discover Crashdïet?
Saw them with HCSS in 2007!

More
7 years 8 months ago #118106 by mrs v. viper
mrs v. viper replied the topic: How did you discover Crashdïet?
Someone I didn't know played them for me on a party, It's a miracle and Riot. I forgot to ask him about the name of the band and never met him again. that must have been 2006 or something.
I searched and searched but later forgot about it.
Later, I started to listen to Mötley Crüe and Hanoi Rocks... that was in 2008. I found them one day, in the related videos on youtube and was so happy I found them after all :lol:
I first bought TUR because RIS was out on amazon at the time.
it was destiny.
Although, my really true discovery might be when I first saw them live.
I know it sounds soooo pathetic, but this is was happened:
I felt like the new year would be totally different, and that on new years Eve i would start to totally change my life.
I fekt like seeing a band, on my own and all alone. Live music always is so magic... Crashdiet played, in another country and i thought this is what I'm looking for.

http://www.crashdiet.org/index.php/pres ... gen-review

I was afraid as never before, and I probably froze more than ever before but I did it and after that I wanted to make the german streetteam.
Nice story huh....

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

More
7 years 8 months ago #118140 by Lizzy Rose
Lizzy Rose replied the topic: How did you discover Crashdïet?
recommendations of people :) oh and the sleazeroxx forum i believe. then me and my brother started listening and never stopped :) so glad i found them haha

More
7 years 8 months ago #118147 by martinkrush
martinkrush replied the topic: How did you discover Crashdïet?
Interesting topic and to be honest I don't really remember how I discovered CRASHDÏET :lol:. But I think it could be because of Last.fm and its recommendations although I'm not totally sure about that. Or because of some online friends :).

More
7 years 8 months ago #118157 by XiLaii
XiLaii replied the topic: How did you discover Crashdïet?

Marmetal wrote: Interesting topic and to be honest I don't really remember how I discovered CRASHDÏET :lol:. But I think it could be because of Last.fm and its recommendations although I'm not totally sure about that. Or because of some online friends :).

Last.fm recommendations are a god send.
Thinking about it, that's probably exactly where I found out about them.
I just wish It had happened much MUCH earlier. Can't believe I was missing out for so so long :(

Well you know how the story goes, if it's too loud then you're too old.
Photo Blog // Flickr

More
7 years 8 months ago #118160 by Sheila
Sheila replied the topic: How did you discover Crashdïet?
Hum. I have no idea. Usually I remember how I found bands, but for some reason I dont remember Crashdïet. I'm pretty sure it was trough youtube's suggestions or something.

More
7 years 8 months ago #118162 by Livingdead4life
Livingdead4life replied the topic: How did you discover Crashdïet?
A friend had one of there song on his spotify playlist.

and i just began to lisen to the rest after that =)

It´s hard to light a candle, its easy to curse the dark instead!

More
7 years 8 months ago #118190 by martinkrush
martinkrush replied the topic: How did you discover Crashdïet?

XiLaii wrote:

Marmetal wrote: Interesting topic and to be honest I don't really remember how I discovered CRASHDÏET :lol:. But I think it could be because of Last.fm and its recommendations although I'm not totally sure about that. Or because of some online friends :).

Last.fm recommendations are a god send.

So true, I discovered many great bands because of it actually! :) God bless Last.fm, hehe :lol:.

More
7 years 8 months ago #118216 by Sleaz
Sleaz replied the topic: How did you discover Crashdïet?
Now the only one really impressing me was Mrs V. Viper with her story, haha, i like when there's a real story behind the discover. And the review were awesome! And somethings you write in it i recognize. Like the part with Simon. The latest gig i saw Crash on was in Sundsvall, after they played i took some pics with Sweet and changed some words with him, awesome. And then i saw Peter and Simon taking pictures with other fans, but on my way there Peter leaves and it's just Simon left. Now Simon freaks me out a little bit, i don't really know why but he sure as hell are, so i just stood there and didn't do anything, now i have a lot of remorse becuz that, haha....

Now to the topic, they way i discovered Crashdïet where through a book, actully it was Nikki Sixxs book, The Heroin Diaries. My friend (now days she's my girlfriend) said that i should try to read it, this happened when I was 15, so I did. And that's when i discovered Glam rock.
When I starting to like band, I got kind of obsessed with them, so the first real band i got obsessed with where Mötley Cruë, and they are still one of the best fucking bands in the world. Motleys songs and particularly The Heroin Diaries have helped me through some real rough times.Well, anyway, the girl who tipped me about this book later find out that we were meant to be more than just friends, today we have been together for almost a year and a half.

Last year Motley was coming to Sweden, so we decided of course to go see them on the Sonisphere festival in Stockholm. The day before this festival, there was a pre-party concert. And the headliners where Crashdïet, that night i got totally blown away by them, I had listened to the GW album a little but not that much. So that day i got obsessed with another band, haha. After that concert i have just listened more and more to Crash, i just wish i'd discovered them earlier.
I don't know so much about the RIS (R.I.P Dave

More
7 years 8 months ago #118219 by mrs v. viper
mrs v. viper replied the topic: How did you discover Crashdïet?

Sleaz wrote: Now the only one really impressing me was Mrs V. Viper with her story, haha, i like when there's a real story behind the discover. And the review were awesome!

thank you :)
yeah I agree with you, as story makes it more magic haha. although you still can recover a band through a simple spotify playlist or something like that, but if you stil remember the exact moment, how you felt like when you heard the first song, than it's amazing. I still know how that guys speakers looked because I stared at them in disbelief haha.
JB should copy his story rum his RIS CD review here, it's amazing aswell.

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.402 seconds