Crashdiet

about X

More
11 years 1 week ago #47844 by hitomi
hitomi replied the topic: about X

Leo Van Newhouse wrote: Haha :lol: Ah, poor fans. Yoshiki sure knows how to treat us well :lol: Well, I can wait as long as it takes for him to finish his music. He said once that in X he was never happy about the songs, because he always thought something was missing. Such a perfectionist. Well, that's only a good thing. Rather wait for a long time for something great than getting half-assed albums, and songs every six months or so. X knew how to treat their music right. Fans should be more patient :lol: If only I could buy music from Yahoo! Auctions Japan. I could buy all the X stuff I need. I could listen to the first LP forever, but I'd love to have the other stuff as well you know :lol: I know on e-Bay someone is selling the original 7" single for "KURENAI" with the piano intro for $250!!! :o With my current financial status that's $245 over price :lol: Oh well. In the meantime I can listen to all the solo stuff I downloaded. Besides hide, which solo projects do you like Hitomi???

Hey Japanese Yoshiki's fans were too patient enough already!!! hahaha
BTW....very before....Yoshiki said to me " Everyone wants to kill me...hehe "

I think X's sounds were really great....
Like I wrote about those, X's sounds had every feelings and passion and energy....
Lots of money and time was spent on VUK's sounds...so what?
I think VUK's sounds have high quality about all. That's all....
Oh I am always too honest.

I have an old cassette tape of X.
Our tour magager gave me it.
They spread the tape to some clubs for the first time.
Extremely early version of KURENAI is included in it.
It was so cheap tape ( a super market brand ).
Toshi's voice was like child's voice, hehe
But really awesome tape...
(Maybe you can DL it somewhere, I think)

I like "HIDE YOUR FACE " of hide's solo works.
But lots of hide's fans are since 2nd solo album.
( I like metal, but not metal fans like hide's 2nd and other works )
HIDE knew I liked "Doubt" "Dice" "DOD".

HIDE hated his face in those days, so he always hide most of his face with big sunglass and black hat and his hair though he had cute face....
So...." HIDE YOUR FACE " and " Hide, your face " are double meaning I think.

And I love the artworks of "HIDE YOUR FACE " by H.R.Giger.
You know, HIDE loved H.R.Giger !! me, too!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 week ago #47855 by leo van newhouse
leo van newhouse replied the topic: about X
Oh, well maybe I should say "poor Yoshiki" then :lol:

X's sound is fantastic. It really feels alive. They really know how to bring to emotion, and let it flow through the whole song. The songs are all so balanced. Not too much of something. "Vanishing Vision" is really one of the best albums I've ever heard. It's such a musical masterpiece. Of course, there a few things I'd like to have different, like the Japanese version for "Kurenai" instead of the English, and maybe a finished version of "Unfinished", which is one of their best songs. Then again, I'm sure they had a good reason to put those tracks like they were on it. With "Unfinished" the way it was it kinda gives the album an extra edge, leaving it to the fan's imagination to how the song would continue, and the only way to find out was to get more of X. Side one of that album is just perfect. Four songs, all fantastic songs. Not too much, not too little, just enough. Sometimes I wonder though if I should really enjoy these songs. They're great musically, but the lyrical theme is quite heavy, and it's not like I get a kick out of other people's misery. I wonder that about music in general, so X is a part of that. Hm... I could go on about this album forever, but I'm sure you know everything I say already :lol:

I don't know which tape you mean. Does it have a title??? Maybe it is available somewhere. I heard Toshi sing from way back before the first album. His voice sounds really light, but you can hear there was more in it, and he showed that on every thing he sang after that 8-) I bet you have all the coolest X stuff there is :lol:

hide's stuff is great. Really new stuff that wasn't seen a lot. He really wasn't afraid to try different things. I like that. I like "LEMONed I Scream", and "EYES LOVE YOU (T.T.VERSION)" among others. He has some hard rockers, and some smoother songs. It's all good with his songs 8-)

What do you think of Ra:IN, Dope HEADz, and D.T.R.??? I haven't heard D.T.R. yet, but I bet it's cool with TAIJI being there. I like the Ra:IN a lot. They really take instrumentals to a new level of experimentation. It's amazing stuff.

Ah, he didn't like his face. That's too bad. His face looked fine to me, but that's just me. In the end it's about how he felt.

I just Googled Giger, and he made the Alien movies. That stuff I always liked so I guess without knowing I liked that part of his art as well :lol: I went to his site, and saw his drawings. Good stuff. Very detailed, and out of this world. If he did artwork for hide though I don't believe it's listed in the music section of his official website. Maybe I didn't find it, but it's not where I looked.

Oh, and it's only a good thing that Yoshiki has an honest fan like you. It's better to hear honesty than to have "yes men" around him that make him believe he's a "god", and everything is great, and good while that may not always be the truth. Maybe you should be his manager ;) How cool would that be huh??? 8-) If that happens, don't forget about us here oke??? :lol:

More
11 years 1 week ago #47865 by hitomi

Leo Van Newhouse wrote: Oh, well maybe I should say "poor Yoshiki" then :lol:

X's sound is fantastic. It really feels alive. They really know how to bring to emotion, and let it flow through the whole song. The songs are all so balanced. Not too much of something. "Vanishing Vision" is really one of the best albums I've ever heard. It's such a musical masterpiece. Of course, there a few things I'd like to have different, like the Japanese version for "Kurenai" instead of the English, and maybe a finished version of "Unfinished", which is one of their best songs. Then again, I'm sure they had a good reason to put those tracks like they were on it. With "Unfinished" the way it was it kinda gives the album an extra edge, leaving it to the fan's imagination to how the song would continue, and the only way to find out was to get more of X. Side one of that album is just perfect. Four songs, all fantastic songs. Not too much, not too little, just enough. Sometimes I wonder though if I should really enjoy these songs. They're great musically, but the lyrical theme is quite heavy, and it's not like I get a kick out of other people's misery. I wonder that about music in general, so X is a part of that. Hm... I could go on about this album forever, but I'm sure you know everything I say already :lol:

I don't know which tape you mean. Does it have a title??? Maybe it is available somewhere. I heard Toshi sing from way back before the first album. His voice sounds really light, but you can hear there was more in it, and he showed that on every thing he sang after that 8-) I bet you have all the coolest X stuff there is :lol:

hide's stuff is great. Really new stuff that wasn't seen a lot. He really wasn't afraid to try different things. I like that. I like "LEMONed I Scream", and "EYES LOVE YOU (T.T.VERSION)" among others. He has some hard rockers, and some smoother songs. It's all good with his songs 8-)

What do you think of Ra:IN, Dope HEADz, and D.T.R.??? I haven't heard D.T.R. yet, but I bet it's cool with TAIJI being there. I like the Ra:IN a lot. They really take instrumentals to a new level of experimentation. It's amazing stuff.

Ah, he didn't like his face. That's too bad. His face looked fine to me, but that's just me. In the end it's about how he felt.

I just Googled Giger, and he made the Alien movies. That stuff I always liked so I guess without knowing I liked that part of his art as well :lol: I went to his site, and saw his drawings. Good stuff. Very detailed, and out of this world. If he did artwork for hide though I don't believe it's listed in the music section of his official website. Maybe I didn't find it, but it's not where I looked.

Oh, and it's only a good thing that Yoshiki has an honest fan like you. It's better to hear honesty than to have "yes men" around him that make him believe he's a "god", and everything is great, and good while that may not always be the truth. Maybe you should be his manager ;) How cool would that be huh??? 8-) If that happens, don't forget about us here oke??? :lol:

"Vanishing Vision" is the legend of X, I think.
And "Blue Blood" is the historic album of Japanese Rock, I think.

In those days, X's gigs were really extreme and aggressive non-stop gigs.
Only ballad was "Unfinished".
I think the audience who they could see such X's gigs was really happy.

I'm not interested in other member's bands.
But DTR was one of my favorites.
The songs was not so good ( for me ), but Taiji's bass play was always amazing.
He is a very talented bassist indeed!!
I said to him " You are awesome bass player!! " in those days.
So he said " No
I'm not so good bass player...I must practice more and more.... "
He was already so gorgeous Rock Star who lots of girls were around him.
But he was really modest person I thought.

After long hard years.....Taiji returned to Japanese Rock scene.
I am so glad about that!!

Now, Taiji's legs don't move as before because of motorcycle accident...
That's really sad.....you know, he was fukkin cool bassist even onstage.

I thought I wanted to become Taiji Sawada in those days, if I would be rebeared in the future!! haha
So....he was really cool, amazing, and real ROCK STAR.
I hope he goes well in the future!!

Giger's artworks of "HIDE YOUR FACE" was on Giger's official website before.
But I don't know it now.

I cannot become Yoshiki's manager forever, haha.
Nobody can manage him at real meaning.

More
11 years 1 week ago #47866 by leo van newhouse
I have only listened to "Blue Blood" once on my computer, but the sound wasn't great. I decided not to listen "Blue Blood" until I have the LP version of it. That is the only way to hear X sound at its best 8-) Same goes for the other albums. Won't listen to them until I have bought them. I listen to a few loose tracks of the albums, but not the whole albums.

I've got a gig from the time X was four members, and one of them was Jun. I believe this was his farewell gig. The crowd is insane. You see Toshi grabbing a guy by his hand, and drag him to the front. People running on stage, and jumping of :lol: Crazy stuff. No control whatsoever. Lots of early version of songs. Good show. Another show I've seen is Live in Tokyo Dome, Day #2, 1992. That concert is amazing. TAIJI has a very cool bass solo, best I've seen. He really is awesome. It's too bad he gets shot in the "Week End" video. Shouldn't have happened to such a good bass player. Or any of the guys in the band :lol:

Ah, too bad you're not interested. It's really good stuff. I'll listen to D.T.R. soon. It's nice to hear he was modest. Good way of keeping yourself out of trouble with people :lol:

Aww, you wanted to be TAIJI :lol: I bet a lot of female X fans felt that way. That would have been one big battle royal if they all would have a fight over it :lol: I'm sure Hitomi would beat them all though 8-)

Yeah, I read a little bit about that accident. Too bad that it happened. I'm sure he's strong enough to overcome it though. No worries about that. He'll rock the foundation of Japan once again 8-) Perhaps even the rest over the world as well. I would like it if he'd come to Amsterdam once, or twice.

Haha :lol: Well, maybe he's better off without a manager this way. He can do everything by his own schedule then, and do whatever he feels like. As long as he doesn't hurt himself of coure. Then again, who are we to tell him that??? :lol:

More
11 years 1 week ago #47869 by hitomi

Leo Van Newhouse wrote: I have only listened to "Blue Blood" once on my computer, but the sound wasn't great. I decided not to listen "Blue Blood" until I have the LP version of it. That is the only way to hear X sound at its best 8-) Same goes for the other albums. Won't listen to them until I have bought them. I listen to a few loose tracks of the albums, but not the whole albums.

Actually "Blue Blood" was not so good album as music.
But that album changed Japanese Rock history.
"Blue Blood" has such important meaning.

"Vanising Vision" was released from their independent rabel.
Huge energy, youth, power....it had....indeed.

It's difficult to compare "Blue Blood" and "Vanishing Vision" as Rock albums.
Each had very different meanings in Japanese Rock scene.

Leo Van Newhouse wrote: I've got a gig from the time X was four members, and one of them was Jun. I believe this was his farewell gig. The crowd is insane. You see Toshi grabbing a guy by his hand, and drag him to the front. People running on stage, and jumping of :lol: Crazy stuff. No control whatsoever. Lots of early version of songs. Good show. Another show I've seen is Live in Tokyo Dome, Day #2, 1992. That concert is amazing. TAIJI has a very cool bass solo, best I've seen. He really is awesome. It's too bad he gets shot in the "Week End" video. Shouldn't have happened to such a good bass player. Or any of the guys in the band :lol:

Of course, I saw that old video.
It's really fukkin great and interesting video!! :lol:
I love such aggressive gigs!!
But I didn't know them directly in those days (Jun and Hikaru era) because I lived in west of Japan.
I merely heard the rumor about them.
The rumor there is a fukkin radical metal band is called X in Tokyo.

You know X seemed half-metal, half-punk band in early era.
I love such bands!! :)

Leo Van Newhouse wrote: Aww, you wanted to be TAIJI :lol: I bet a lot of female X fans felt that way. That would have been one big battle royal if they all would have a fight over it :lol: I'm sure Hitomi would beat them all though 8-)

No. Girls merely wanted to become his GF or something.
I mean I wanted to become awesome bass player like him, though I was a drummer.

I wonder at that Yoshiki is really talkative on his myspace...
I cannot believe he updates it well...( Basically I cannot believe he started his myspace!! I think.....because Tetsuya Komuro advised Yoshiki to start Myspace or something... :rolleyes: Though it's good thing for Yoshiki's fans!!)
Maybe time changed him, I think.
Of course, he was very cute and honest person and talked about lots of things in the interviews before.
But he didn't talk with fans so much before....
(HIDE always covered him about it....Maybe....after HIDE's death, Yoshiki changed about it, I think. )
Of course fans merely read what he wrote still now, hehe.

More
11 years 6 days ago #47878 by leo van newhouse
His blogs can be funny. In his latest blog he told everyone he spilled chocolate over his keyboard :lol: You'll never find that kind of info on any artist on any website :lol: He's one of a kind even on MySpace :mrgreen:
He could have changed, who knows. For whatever reason, at least it's good promotion for him. It's a good way to communicate with fans for any artist.

Did you eventually learn how to play bass??? Would be cool if you could play multiple instruments.

That gig is insane. As insane as it is, it didn't seem violent. I don't mind a rowdy crowd, but violence is too much. No one should get hurt seeing the band they came to see. Luckily, it seemed to be a cool rowdy gig :lol:

"Blue Blood" is definitely different. Specially since it has more classical elements in the songs. Great album though.

How many times have you seen X, and which was your favourite concert??? I bet you've seen some cool shows of X 8-)

More
11 years 6 days ago #47919 by hitomi
Yes chocolate things are right Yoshiki's character, hehe
(He loves chocolate since his childhood)

I don't play bass.
I played Koto and drums only.
But I love good players of all instruments.

I saw X's gigs many times.
But I saw X Japan's a few times.
(include the last live)...

More
11 years 6 days ago #47936 by leo van newhouse
Ah oke. "The Last Live" must have been a very hard gig to attend. Which gig that you visited do you think was the best???

More
11 years 5 days ago #47942 by hitomi

Leo Van Newhouse wrote: Ah oke. "The Last Live" must have been a very hard gig to attend. Which gig that you visited do you think was the best???

"The last live" was really crazy about all...
Nobody knew whether it was held until the last day.
I have written my diary for long time, but I quit to write my diary since that day...

The ex-producer of X (SONY era) took me to the last live of them.
Most fans and even friends could not get the ticket in that time...
We saw the last of X in the fifth line of PATA side.
HIDE's family were in the same line...(Even HIDE's family could get the seat of HIDE side)

I had anemia till I arrived at Tokyo Dome and
I crawled and went to there...
The ex-producer bound a neck with a corset.

We understood Yoshiki's neck was really bad situation and had anemia for strain.
Curiously few people around him show his physical symptom.
He gave strong synchronicity to neighboring persons, he didn't notice about that maybe...I think.

Anyway, we were in the place where more than 50,000 fans grieved and cried at their dissolution....really crazy situation it was...

But I respected the earnest fans whom there was in front of us.
Actually I couldn't understand how they got such ticket still now.
Even the people concerned could not get tickets!!

The story of " the last live " is really long story...
I cannot write all here...

Over 50,000 fans cried in Tokyo Dome....There were lots of fans who couldn't enter around Tokyo Dome and cried, too.
I thought I will never experience it.

But I experienced it after 5 months again, you know...

All were crazy.
I cannot arrange those still now.
So I cannot write all.

Of course, all gigs of X that I had seen were great.
Because they always did at the risk of life in X era.

But "The last live" was special one for fans, friends and family.
Me and ex-producer Naoshi Tsuda said " I wanna finish X in my life...." each other.
So I continued " But, unfinished " ..... neverending story.

I don't know whether X finished for other people now.
At least it will not finish forever for me.
Though I think I will not meet them without HIDE anymore.

More
11 years 5 days ago #47943 by leo van newhouse
I see. Very touchy situation for everyone. At the end of the DVD you can see every fan crying. Very sad. Even for me it was tough to watch, cause everyone was so sad, specially seeing the band cry on stage. Very hard to enjoy the performance, cause it was the last. Ugh...Well, maybe we should talk about more happier situations about X. Only talk about what you feel like ;)

I actually don't have a lot to talk about you know. I have so little of X, and I know so little. I only know what is happening now, and that isn't a lot either. If they come back or not, I'll keep spreading their wonderful music. X forever 8-)

More
11 years 5 days ago #47965 by tigerheart
tigerheart replied the topic: about X
I feel as if I shouldn't post anything here and disturb your little conversation, :lol:, but I have to say a few things...

First of all, it's really fun to read what you're saying, since I'm learning alot. ^^ I don't know too much about X for some reason, but as I said, I'm learning from your posts.

And second, I've known about the X reunion rumours for quite a while, but I didn't want to ask you about it, hitomi, since I thought it might upset you...
I guess I was right.

About the reunion, I can't say I'm too happy about it. A reunion of X feels so... wrong. They should just leave it the way people remember it.
To me, there can't be a real X without hide-sama.
I'm much more interested in the superproject Yoshiki has going on with Gackt and Sugizo [or as I call him: Suzy. I started to call him that beacause I couldn't remember his name... ^__^;], that could be alot of fun, I think.

Also, Yoshiki-sama's blog on MySpace is really fun to read. :lol:
I squealed when I read that he had hung out with Dir en grey. I'm such a pathetic fan girl, haha.
And the ice cream incident... it all makes him feel even more real and down to earth.

Blah, I'll stop talking now, I need to study for a stupid test anyway.
Keep on with your discussion so I can learn more! :lol:

More
10 years 6 months ago #69044 by leo van newhouse
Figured this would be the right thread to post it in: X-JAPAN returns with new song with supposedly unreleased guitar parts of hide. Hear for yourself. I believe it's the song in the background.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbyzSvNL3VU

And here's an article:

X JAPAN Unveils "I.V." in "SAW IV"
Friday, 19 October 2007

LOS ANGELES, Oct. 19, 2007

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.308 seconds