Crashdiet

10 years

More
2 years 3 months ago #163227 by fizzy
fizzy created the topic: 10 years
Now it's pretty much 10 years since Dave Lepard died. I was wondering, what has changed in all those years? Have you achieved your goals and aspirations and how much of an influence did RIS have on you and perhaps still has?

"So you ask me how it feels to be a stick in the wheel
I tell you honey it feels alright
to be another clog in the wrecking machine
wouldn't even cross my mind"
The following user(s) gave Kudos to this post: peterlondon, julius_leopard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #163253 by fizzy
fizzy replied the topic: 10 years
I guess I should make a start then :)

I am 26 now, still have a day-time job that makes me unhappy and still like sleaze rock n'roll the most. In between many things have changed though. First of all I moved to England when I was 20, started to study music and finally managed to play in a rock band.

However, after 3 amazing years (just being generally happy with my life) things changed. Due to my studies and no progress with the band I realised that being a touring musician is not what I want to be. The dream of becoming a rock star faded at that time too. I quit my band and devoted my life to becoming a professional composer as I knew that music is the only thing I have a passion for and could eventually make a living of. For 3 years I then didn't touch the guitar nor listened to any of my favourite music but practiced piano like mad (at this point it is fair to say that I have no talent whatsoever for the instrument). I finished my studies and realised that I didn't know what to do next, I felt lost. As it happens I got a job somewhere that payed the bills. Although being commited to becoming a composer, I lost the hunger and desire I had when I wanted to become a rock star. My life went on pretty unspectacular form then on. This is where I am at the moment. There seem to be little perspectives, which is frightening.

One day at work last summer, I listened to RIS and it still resonated within me. I am sorry to say this here, but for me there is something special in the way Dave delivered this thoughts on that record, something that couldn't be matched by the other records and other records from other bands. I then slowly started to listen to rock music again and met a few of my former bandmembers (there is talk of perhaps playing in a band again) and now I am here again as well.

Of all the great rock records (I am talking AfD etc.) none was able to re-kindle the rock musician in me apart from RIS and that is why I think this record is something special, that will probably never be matched in this form.

Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by fizzy.
The following user(s) gave Kudos to this post: julius_leopard

More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #163278 by fizzy
As it is the day today, I have decided to pay tribute by rearranging 'Breakin' The Chainz' for piano.
I hope you enjoy :)

The score:

I am not intending to sell this music, so I hope this is no copyright infringement

Attachments:
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by fizzy.

More
2 years 3 months ago #163288 by mrs v. viper
mrs v. viper replied the topic: 10 years
I'll try.

hmm so I started to listen to crashdiet alot 2008 I think. I started to travel to Sweden to see them live in 2010, where I met this guy from the forum here, AxlWhite that I started talking to alot. I started to study Graphic Design in 2011, mainly because I wanted to have some sort of thing to pay the bills later in life because at the time all I wanted was to become a Visual Artist. A series of Illustrations I made that were the central part pf my entry Portfolio to Art School was directly inspired by Crashdiets Songs. I also thought I liked designing for bands. Similar as fizzy my approach started to fade during my studies tho. I realised I quite loved the analytical aspects of conceptualising design solutions, it quite speaks to my "science" part of my brian and I found it to be the perfect crossover between art and analytical thinking. I also discovered a deep fascination for Typography and nowadays I guiess I could say I'm a fullblooded graphic design person haha. Can't really imagine to do anything else. I am still studying, but I'm almost done, and where I'll end up afterwards I dont quite know yet but I dont think finding a job that I like won't be too hard, because without being arrogant I am quite good at what I do. I also spend one term studying Graphic Design at the University of Arts in London, which was a great way to gain new influences.

Since 2010 I think I made my best friends through crashdiet. A huge amount of my closest friends I would have never met otherwise. I did make friends at uni aswell, but I guess that only makes 1/3rd of my social circle. I am together with Axl since 1,5 years now and even tho the whole Germany/Sweden deal kinda sucks sometimes I couldnt be happier in that department of my life. So I guess I see RIS as this thing that got a big train started that touched me in a very personal, social way. The other Albums are important for me aswell, but you can't deny they wouldnt be there if it wasnt for the first one. And I couldnt be more grateful, especially because I dont think I would have gotten as far with my professional aspirations without these people that I met having my back. Idk, meeting your boyfriend on a bandforum kinda makes into a big deal I guess. :P

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

More
2 years 3 months ago #163298 by fizzy

mrs v. viper wrote: I am together with Axl since 1,5 years now

:ohmy:

There is a surprise!!!

where is he? I miss him :P

More
2 years 3 months ago #163302 by mrs v. viper
He keeps having log in troubles :(

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson

More
2 years 3 months ago #163304 by fizzy

mrs v. viper wrote: He keeps having log in troubles :(

You are the moderator, solve it! :P

More
2 years 3 months ago #163307 by mrs v. viper
Haha I don't have that kind of rights. But we're working on it ;)

More
2 years 3 months ago #163308 by peterlondon
peterlondon replied the topic: 10 years

fizzy wrote:

You've got PM Anna :P

“Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think.
Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there
was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than
when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.”
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh...

More
2 years 3 months ago #163316 by mrs v. viper
so thanks to Peter we might get him back in a couple if minutes :)

More
2 years 3 months ago #163322 by axl whïte
axl whïte replied the topic: 10 years

peterlondon wrote:

fizzy wrote:

You've got PM Anna :P

Wickedly Winning! Right here fizzy!

Huge thanks to the ever helpful peter aswell!

I'm alive and sometimes well, currently unemployed so I play guitar at least 4 hours a day instead. Quit my bands which I suppose you could check out at soundcloud, rotox.official or something. Some embarrassing solos of course aswell as backing vox for me but who am I to apologoze for unapologetic black sleaze?

Really hoping for the almighty Dïet to continue like the ever hardship-defying piece of anti-culture that its always been. I mean never forget turbonegro didmt get big until they stayed completly silent for 4 years, without a singer. So hope never dies!

Listen to an album from a band you've never heard of every day, get enlightened! :)

More
2 years 3 months ago #163325 by fizzy

axl whïte wrote:

:woohoo:

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.448 seconds