Crashdiet

"Klarar du dig själv nu?" - The book about Dave

More
6 years 4 months ago #140587 by Rebel_Ray
Rebel_Ray created the topic: "Klarar du dig själv nu?" - The book about Dave
www.facebook.com/#!/klarar.du.dig
Really looking forward to reading this book. I know it will be both happy and sad, with many ups and downs. Like the stuff you really want to know and the stuff you maybe didn`t want to know.. but im exited :lol: What is your opinion? ^^

pina colada BANG!!!!!!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #140588 by CrazyD?ETfan
CrazyD?ETfan replied the topic: "Klarar du dig själv nu?" - The book about Dave
I'm really looking forward to read it....I just hope that someone will publish an English version. ^^

More
6 years 4 months ago #140590 by Rebel_Ray
Rebel_Ray replied the topic: "Klarar du dig själv nu?" - The book about Dave

CrazyDÏETfan wrote: I just hope that someone will publish an English version. ^^

I hope so too, there`s a lot of fans from other countries that don`t read swedish xD

More
6 years 4 months ago #140591 by izzie
izzie replied the topic: "Klarar du dig själv nu?" - The book about Dave
I'm doubtful...

More
6 years 4 months ago #140592 by Rebel_Ray
Rebel_Ray replied the topic: "Klarar du dig själv nu?" - The book about Dave

izzie wrote: I'm doubtful...

About what?

More
6 years 4 months ago #140593 by izzie
About wether the book is gonna tell the true story about what happened with Dave, or if it's gonna tell his mothers "glorified" picture of his life. Either way will be interesting for sure, but I would rather see a book written by an independent part.

More
6 years 4 months ago #140597 by roxy riot 69
roxy riot 69 replied the topic: "Klarar du dig själv nu?" - The book about Dave
Thats interesting id like to read a story from both partys....familly and friends!

More
6 years 4 months ago #140602 by mrs v. viper
mrs v. viper replied the topic: "Klarar du dig själv nu?" - The book about Dave
well from what I've heard about that book so far I think it will be made very clear that it's a mother's story about her son.
Or better said, how a mother sees her son and her experiences with him, not even a mother telling "the truth" about her son.

I really hope this doesn't get another one of those "fight about" subject surrounding the death of Dave Lepard :S

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

More
6 years 4 months ago #140603 by Kraljosovina
Kraljosovina replied the topic: "Klarar du dig själv nu?" - The book about Dave
What the hell, it will be really interesting either way :) Looking forward to it :)

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.

More
6 years 3 months ago #140962 by mimz
mimz replied the topic: "Klarar du dig själv nu?" - The book about Dave

mrs v. viper wrote: I really hope this doesn't get another one of those "fight about" subject surrounding the death of Dave Lepard :S

Exactly my first thought when i heard about the book and i was very disappointed while reading some comments here and on facebook about some people's comments and opinions..some of them just should be kept to themselves..

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars"

More
6 years 3 months ago #140965 by izzie
Well what's the point of a discussion forum if you can't offer your opinion?

Can't see what's wrong with a little source criticism...

But yeah, I'm sure it will be interesting either way, and if it's made clear that it is his mothers version of the events surronding his death I'd be more then pleased. Looking forward to it!

More
6 years 3 months ago #140969 by Anna Gable
Anna Gable replied the topic: "Klarar du dig själv nu?" - The book about Dave
I'm the "ghost" writer of this book, which means I'm the one who's the writer while Lisbeth has the story. To make one thing clear first: this is Lisbeth's story. It has never had the ambition to tell the "true" story of David, it will tell the story his mother saw and remember of a beloved child. The purpose of the book is both to tell her story about him, and also to help other parents who has lost a child, be it a rock star or not, to cope with their situation. Lisbeth knows how to work with these things professionally, it used to be her work before she chenged career and opened her shop. It's sort of like "The Heroin Diaries" but instead it's the "Mother's diary", because through all her pain, Lisbeth was writing her diary about all the emotions that went through her during this period. In the book she's also telling David's story from her point of view (we will never get his, since he's unfortunately no longer here, ok, it's horrible, but that's how it is). She will tell about his childhood, when he decided to become a rock star, and other things she wants to share. The book will also contain photos from her collection as well as pictures of the drawins she made to ease her pain (she's a really good artist).

At the moment we have around 100 pages of raw material, so with pictures it will probably be around 130 or such, so it's not a big book, but if you ask me, it's a very important book. We should soon start to look for a publisher, and if we get it published in Sweden, I'm sure there will be some follow up with a translation. If the bif "No" happens, that no pubisher dares to take it, we will publish it ourselves and add it too Amazon etc. If that's the case, we also have our own translator. Not a pro, but I think it will be good anyway.

If anyone of you know a Swedish publisher that might be interested, let us know, help out with your network-friends.

One thing is really important to remember: This book will not tell anything about other people. It will not talk about the band, because we don't know what their role was, what they were thinking etc, only they know, and that's their story, not Lisbeth's. It will not tell about other parts of her family, David's father, his other friends etc either. This is only the story about a mother losing her son. But I still think that if you loved what he did as a musician, you will find things in this book that you will love. It's a story full of grief, but it's also a story of light, how to survive the worst thing, losing a child. It's about how RIS came to happen, about starting the shop Lisbeth has today and her new work as a manager for some upcoming bands that are following in David's footsteps.

My only role in this is to bring it all together, to ask questions where the story is not fully complete, and to make the language into something a publisher hopefully will like (I'm a published writer before, and have a BOA in writing and the Swedish language). I feel very honoured to be in this project. Since it's also, of course, very emotional, we can't put a release date on it, or even a date when it's supposed to be finished. Life is full of ups and downs, and this must take the time needed for Lisbeth to finish. Hopefully she will come out stronger and more healed when all this burden has left her heart, and hopefully it will both stop other troubbleed young ones from doing the same thing, and, if that still happens, help their parents to cope.

We're updating the gprogress on FAcebook, and if you go to the page and "like" it, it will most probably help a lot to find a publisher, because they will most likely look at how many "likes" it has on FB. The address is www.facebook.com/klarar.du.dig
Thanks a lot for your support, and I really really hope you all understand now what this is all about. (I also hope someone will write a story of it all, making interviews with both Lisbeth, the band etc, but that's not what this projkect is about, and not what I will do either, if that will happen, it's the task of someone else.

Finally: I have the deepest respect for David, for his music but also for his privacy. For me, some things should be kept private. I bet all of you have pribate things in your life, and just because someone is a rock star, it does not mean he (or she) should turn their life inside out to everyone. So this book will be done in deep respect for the person, as well as the rock star. But believe me, all the fans really really really helped Lisbeth, and even though the book will not mention anyone else (if they have not especially asked to be part of it, and have a special role in it, of course), that will be quite obvious. So thank you all who are keeping his memory alive, keep playing the music, keep listening to Crashdiet, as long as someone is remembered, he's alive in our hearts!

New novel: "Ghosts, Drugs & rock n'Roll". About rock, sudden death, ghosts and a story from the past that repeats itself. Lizbeth Hellman about it: "Oh God, it's a lot like David's life too!" Get it at www.zorf.se (Swe, Engl & French) and support it for me at facbook.com/Zorf.se (Swe, Eng). The...

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.312 seconds