Crashdiet

Bonus Tracks

  • Sarah
  • Offline
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Miss Candy
More
6 years 11 months ago #145910 by Sarah
Replied by Sarah on topic Bonus Tracks
Peeeter, can i have a xmas gift? an ep, thanks=P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • tharrison681
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Here...
  • New Here...
More
6 years 11 months ago #145916 by tharrison681
Replied by tharrison681 on topic Bonus Tracks
I love that part in One of a Kind when it goes "Hey! Wipe away those tears, don't cry....We can't explain the reasons why we ache tonight!"

I NEED IT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #145917 by Rush
Replied by Rush on topic Bonus Tracks
I love this part too, it's totally awesome! :)
I think bonus songs on EP are great idea...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Sheila
  • Sheila's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
  • grevling
More
6 years 11 months ago #145920 by Sheila
Replied by Sheila on topic Bonus Tracks

tharrison681 wrote: I love that part in One of a Kind when it goes "Hey! Wipe away those tears, don't cry....We can't explain the reasons why we ache tonight!"

I NEED IT

After reading this I found out its waay to long since I've heard those songs. Soo good to hear them again :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #145981 by mrs v. viper
Replied by mrs v. viper on topic Bonus Tracks

Mr.Freakrose wrote:

S.QueenObscene wrote: I might be the only one, but i still cant understand why to release some bonus tracks in some countries and not in any others... I mean, how can you choose a country among the others? Sorry, but i cant bear it, id like all the countries to have the same tracks on albums, i dont feel im worthless than Japan or US or somewhere else D:

I also don't know, why this whole Bonus Track thing is like this. I wouldn't do that.

To the thread: Wouldn't it be a nice idea to put ALL Bonus Track on an EP? :)


the reason why Japan has bonus tracks originally was that they had a big piracy problem. They basically sold nothing, because everyone took the westerns bands music and copied it. So they started to make songs available on CD only in the Japan version so they would at least sell some.
Might have made sense 10 years ago, meanwhile theres a piracy problem everwhere so you could aswell skip it i suppose, but I guess by now it's some kind of tradition.

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #145984 by peterlondon
Replied by peterlondon on topic Bonus Tracks

mrs v. viper wrote: these two songs have been on the generation Wild single CD that came with a magazine.
They got some copies later and sold them on their website, and as far as I know they haven't been sold anywhere else.
but they seem to be all gone now.
So I'm afarid there is no way for you atm to buy them...

yeah sorry, they sold out quickly and are out of print.

mrs v. viper wrote: Peter, any chance on releasing all those tracks seperatly? Sick Mind too?
if I remeber right selling the Japan version on here didn't really work out, right?

Damn I don't know, the music business is so fucked up, releasing a few tracks on a our website that's even already been recorded would become quite a project because we need to obtain the rights and pay license fees etc etc....

I'm dreaming of the day when we'll be completely independent and can release tracks in any way we want but we're still not there.

I've asked the big people several times about buying some Japanese albums but never got a reply yet, I'll try again haha.

At the moment it's probably impossible to obtain these songs legally. If I were you I would download them illegaly but once they do become available I would be the first in line to buy them :lol:. This way, you only kinda borrow them a little, you're not stealing :P. When stuff is not sold anymore, I personally don't feel bad for downloading them even though I would prefer to have bought it.

mrs v. viper wrote: the reason why Japan has bonus tracks originally was that they had a big piracy problem. They basically sold nothing, because everyone took the westerns bands music and copied it. So they started to make songs available on CD only in the Japan version so they would at least sell some.
Might have made sense 10 years ago, meanwhile theres a piracy problem everwhere so you could aswell skip it i suppose, but I guess by now it's some kind of tradition.

Absolutely correct.
//LONDON

“Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think.
Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there
was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than
when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.”
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #145985 by peterlondon
Replied by peterlondon on topic Bonus Tracks

Marmetal wrote: It would be nice if also Hollywood Teaze could be available as MP3 download :)

We were planning on that but I think we simply forgot! I'll look into this right now

//LONDON

“Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think.
Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there
was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than
when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.”
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #145986 by mrs v. viper
Replied by mrs v. viper on topic Bonus Tracks
damn all this stuff about music and art in general makes me sick!!
like, hundreds of people don't appreciate it at all, think it's just available and complain because they have to pay more than 15 euros on a fucking bandshirt,
and the few that are left who do care can't buy t6he things they want because some bigheaded businessmen think they have more rights than is reasonable just for making their business skills available...

I really think there is a chnage in spirit of our whole society in order when it comes to this.

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Sarah
  • Offline
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Miss Candy
More
6 years 11 months ago #146021 by Sarah
Replied by Sarah on topic Bonus Tracks
Thanks Viper, you've been clear enuff, didnt know about that :)

mrs v. viper wrote: damn all this stuff about music and art in general makes me sick!!
like, hundreds of people don't appreciate it at all, think it's just available and complain because they have to pay more than 15 euros on a fucking bandshirt,
and the few that are left who do care can't buy the things they want because some bigheaded businessmen think they have more rights than is reasonable just for making their business skills available...

I really think there is a chnage in spirit of our whole society in order when it comes to this.


Agree also about this, in some kinda way we're mostly forced to download music and these things, as we surely dont own all the money we'd like to buy our fav albums or band gear :/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • glam_junkie
  • glam_junkie's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Diehard Dietist
  • is cooler than you!
More
6 years 11 months ago #146114 by glam_junkie
Replied by glam_junkie on topic Bonus Tracks

mrs v. viper wrote:

Mr.Freakrose wrote:

S.QueenObscene wrote: I might be the only one, but i still cant understand why to release some bonus tracks in some countries and not in any others... I mean, how can you choose a country among the others? Sorry, but i cant bear it, id like all the countries to have the same tracks on albums, i dont feel im worthless than Japan or US or somewhere else D:

I also don't know, why this whole Bonus Track thing is like this. I wouldn't do that.

To the thread: Wouldn't it be a nice idea to put ALL Bonus Track on an EP? :)


the reason why Japan has bonus tracks originally was that they had a big piracy problem. They basically sold nothing, because everyone took the westerns bands music and copied it. So they started to make songs available on CD only in the Japan version so they would at least sell some.
Might have made sense 10 years ago, meanwhile theres a piracy problem everwhere so you could aswell skip it i suppose, but I guess by now it's some kind of tradition.



and i think further to this....
for anyone that has collected japanese vinyl and cds from years gone by you will notice an obvious quality difference in the cd or vinyl itself, the paper used for the inserts, and the extras often included.

You feel a japanese vinyl compared to a US vinyl. They are much thicker and heavier, as were the cds at one time (although not sure about these days). This obviously comes with a additional cost for the japanese version, so they started including extras on the japanese verisons so the japanese public would actually buy the japanese versions instead of the cheaper imported verisons (hence why the japanses verison sales were so low). People would buy the cheaper imported versions instead of the superior quality japanese version, so they had to give something extra in order to encourage people to buy the japnese version.

I've spoke to bands who have released cds in japan and we told they had to supply additional tracks inorder for the deal to proceeed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • GunsNCrüeSWE
  • Offline
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Diehard Dietist
  • I am of my father the devil...
More
6 years 10 months ago #149110 by GunsNCrüeSWE
Replied by GunsNCrüeSWE on topic Bonus Tracks
You should release and ultimate edition of Generetion Wld With the demos That You can download here, the GW single, Japanese bonus track and vinyl bonus.
Track List:
01. 442
02. Armageddon
03. So Alive
04. Generation Wild
05. Rebel
06. Save Her
07. Down With The Dust
08. Native Nature
09. Chemical
10. Bound To Fall
11. Beautiful Pain
12. Sick Mind
13. One Of A Kind
14. Fear Control
15. Hollywood Teaze
16. Armageddon(demo)
17. Bound To Fall(demo)
18. Chemical(demo)
19. Down With The Dust(demo)
20. Generation Wild(demo)
21. So Alive(demo)



That would be fuckin badass.

And all that is holy, holy shall be...
Let the light bless and
let these words proclaim the blessing.
Let the seal be broken and let the light prevail

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #149113 by mrs v. viper
Replied by mrs v. viper on topic Bonus Tracks
bad ass yeah, but I'd add up to 2 CD's with all tthe tons of unreleased demos they have :P

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum