Crashdiet

Anarchy, the new song by Crashdïet...

More
7 years 4 months ago #142373 by CurrentlycRazie
Replied by CurrentlycRazie on topic Anarchy, the new song by Crashdïet...

GunsNCrüeSWE wrote: Okay. So what you're saying to me would help?


You're right, actually. It won't help at all. I had thought it would help as a constructive criticism of my own to help you in the future, suggest what you could say to have your views taken on board and to actually help. However, it seems that won't help as you won't take my own advice there on board. So in that way, while I've attempted to give constructive criticism to you, it hasn't worked. That's the way things work. I could have just said 'your comment is crap' but a) I don't believe that (you have a right to your opinion) b) that's childish and we're all older than that here and c) it would be pointless. Thank you for reading, it's clear you disagree, and it's clear my advice is not taken on board. But I attempted to explain.

... The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars ~...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #142375 by mrs v. viper
Replied by mrs v. viper on topic Anarchy, the new song by Crashdïet...

CurrentlycRazie wrote: It won't help them, or you, or anyone else here. So why say it?

because it's his opinion, which he got asked for maybe?

CurrentlycRazie wrote:

GunsNCrüeSWE wrote: Okay. So what you're saying to me would help?


You're right, actually. It won't help at all. I had thought it would help as a constructive criticism of my own to help you in the future, ....


everybody cool the fuck down. Are you his Mum now or what?
first of all I think he meant "does your critique help the band?" and not your critique to him, correct me if I'm wrong here.
Secondly , wasn't this thread about our opinions about the song? I'm against unnecessary and harsh judgement before it's time myself, but I actually think GunsNCrüeSWE did gave reasons why he thinks it's crap. it's a subjective impression of his own. It could have been put more nicely, but is he supposed to say "I don't like the song because xxxx" if he really thinks it's that bad? freedom of speech anyone? I personally think calling peoples creations crap is unecessary rude aswell, simply because I think it's not okay to call something crap that might mean alot to other human beings, but thats a particular point that different people handle in different ways and "too.damn. kind." does dicribe me :P.
I mean it's not like we can "critique" the band anyway, it's not our business to "help" them with constructive critism when they haven't asked us to. Who are we to be able to do that, seriously.

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #142377 by izzie
Replied by izzie on topic Anarchy, the new song by Crashdïet...
I don't want to make a statement or give my thoughts about this as moderator, but my personal opinion is that this is, after all, a "rocknroll forum". If anywhere, this would be the place where you are free to speak your mind without having to think about what you say and how you say it as if you where in class or something. Of course personal insults are not allowed, but that hasn't been the case either.

Of course, with that reasoning you should also be able to critize his post, but if so, critize his opinions and not the way he puts it in. That doesn't help and just creates this kind discussion, sending the content way off-topic.

Yeah, it's a fine line really. Overall we are able to keep it on a nice level, let's continue with that. :)
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by izzie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #142387 by CurrentlycRazie
Replied by CurrentlycRazie on topic Anarchy, the new song by Crashdïet...

izzie wrote: because it's his opinion, which he got asked for maybe?


Again, sorry if I'm annoying anyone. I myself get annoyed when I hear criticism like 'it's crap' because I've heard that of my own stuff and it hurts like hell and does nothing. That's perhaps why this turned quite so much on the verge of an argument ^^

mrs v. viper wrote: I mean it's not like we can "critique" the band anyway, it's not our business to "help" them with constructive critism when they haven't asked us to. Who are we to be able to do that, seriously.


True, I didn't actually think of it like that :/ I was only thinking of it as someone who has created things of her own and how I would prefer people to discuss it if they felt it was negative.

izzie wrote: sending the content way off-topic


That didn't mean to happen either ^^. Again, my reaction to something I felt was unfair.



Also just read through my posts, and they weren't meant to sound as cold as they do when they're read, either, so I'm sorry if that was misunderstood by anyone :(. That's the problem... you can't hear tone on the internet, and it's why I normally use so many smiley faces... they didn't seem appropriate this time

... The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars ~...
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by CurrentlycRazie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • GunsNCrüeSWE
  • Offline
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Diehard Dietist
  • I am of my father the devil...
More
7 years 4 months ago #142416 by GunsNCrüeSWE
Replied by GunsNCrüeSWE on topic Anarchy, the new song by Crashdïet...
I really would like to thank you Viper and Izzie.

But still , CurrentlycRazie. It is okay that you say that i should be more constructive. But when i write things I always check before i post. As I said, I know what I said and why I said it. I can understand that you thought that my post was "unfair". But read a bit between the lines. I argumented a little actually. And I somewhat agree with you there. You can't hear the tone on the internet and sometimes it causes problems for me. Since often(now days) I'm fairly serious and when i'm ironic people take it serious.

But yeah, already said what I think of the song and what Axl said. I think that the scene misses creativity. Everyone is trying to be Lepard clones but fail. And about the term Sleaze. 10% of the bands that are labeled as sleaze doesn't play sleaze at all.

And all that is holy, holy shall be...
Let the light bless and
let these words proclaim the blessing.
Let the seal be broken and let the light prevail

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #142436 by mrs v. viper
Replied by mrs v. viper on topic Anarchy, the new song by Crashdïet...
yay peace! :)

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #142439 by CurrentlycRazie
Replied by CurrentlycRazie on topic Anarchy, the new song by Crashdïet...

mrs v. viper wrote: yay peace!


:lol: Peace is awesome XD... Positivity not negativity! (don't think I even spelt that right... oh dear ¬¬ Brain... dies...)

... The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars ~...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • GunsNCrüeSWE
  • Offline
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Diehard Dietist
  • I am of my father the devil...
More
7 years 4 months ago #142440 by GunsNCrüeSWE
Replied by GunsNCrüeSWE on topic Anarchy, the new song by Crashdïet...

CurrentlycRazie wrote:

mrs v. viper wrote: yay peace!


:lol: Peace is awesome XD... Positivity not negativity! (don't think I even spelt that right... oh dear ¬¬ Brain... dies...)

All hail pessimism.

And all that is holy, holy shall be...
Let the light bless and
let these words proclaim the blessing.
Let the seal be broken and let the light prevail

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Kraljosovina
  • Kraljosovina's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Happy Go Lucky Me :D
More
7 years 4 months ago #142454 by Kraljosovina
Replied by Kraljosovina on topic Anarchy, the new song by Crashdïet...
Here to break up the peace! :lol:
Not really, just had to quote some things :P ...

izzie wrote:

Mrs. Sleazy wrote: Olli also created pretty good thing and we should be gratitude to him because he survived the band in the hardest time.

Mrs. Sleazy wrote: Now we try to learn Simon what songs he must sing and what T-shirt he must wear (though we even don't suspect it from ourselves). For example, the most of us could even believe that he may wear T-shirt with photo of Britney Spears (It was demonstrated on Facebook) What would be next with us? - Shell we say "We don't love you, Simon, 'cause you like her?".


Ehm, what?


xD I was thinking the same through most of that post....WHAT THE FUDGE? I'm not saying your english is just a bit hard to understand but...Wait, yes that's exactly what I'm saying :P

GunsNCrüeSWE wrote: And why do people mention sleaze in CrashDïet discussions? CrashDïet doesn't play sleaze at all.

Genre Nazi much? :P

mrs v. viper wrote: I think it's not okay to call something crap that might mean alot to other human beings, but thats a particular point that different people handle in different ways and "too.damn. kind." does dicribe me :P.


But...but sometimes things really are crap :(
Yes, yes you are :P


On topic: I really also need the recorded finished version to give an honest opinion about the song. But yeah, less palmmuting all the time :)

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #142457 by mrs v. viper
Replied by mrs v. viper on topic Anarchy, the new song by Crashdïet...

Kraljosovina wrote:

mrs v. viper wrote: I think it's not okay to call something crap that might mean alot to other human beings, but thats a particular point that different people handle in different ways and "too.damn. kind." does dicribe me :P.


But...but sometimes things really are crap :(
Yes, yes you are :P


true, but most of the time thats stuff that seems to matter to very few people. like, take a songwriter, whos writes a song after a certain pattern coz he gets paied for it, that doesn't mean a thing to him, that they make someone sing who has no connection to it and gets promoted by people that only see money in it. trhats the stuff that usually ends up being horrible crap.
Then theres of course just bad music, from a skill poibnt of view. like when a band plays out of rythm, out of key etc, where I think its fine that you have fun but please leave my ears out of it.
But I say theres hardly ever a reason to call peoples creations crap when they put a little bit of heart and a decent view on themselves in it. ...

rant?

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Kraljosovina
  • Kraljosovina's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Happy Go Lucky Me :D
More
7 years 4 months ago #142459 by Kraljosovina
Replied by Kraljosovina on topic Anarchy, the new song by Crashdïet...
Well. I stand my ground on this. I get what you mean, to be nice and so on :)
But I think it's ok if you think you have a good explanation to why it is in fact crap :P

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • XiLaii
  • XiLaii's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
  • The Strange
More
7 years 4 months ago #142462 by XiLaii
Replied by XiLaii on topic Anarchy, the new song by Crashdïet...

Kraljosovina wrote: But I think it's ok if you think you have a good explanation to why it is in fact crap

A good explanation only makes it a justified opinion, not a fact :P.

Well you know how the story goes, if it's too loud then you're too old.
Photo Blog // Flickr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.305 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum