Anarchy, the new song by Crashdïet...

• axl whïte
  • Topic Author
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
More
7 years 5 months ago #142265 by axl whïte
Anarchy, the new song by Crashdïet... was created by axl whïte
...and the missing anarchy in the sleaze community.

Anybody else that doesn't want another GW album? Anarchy sounds too much like every song on GW (which is an album that I like). I actually spoke to Simon about this and sure, they are getting bigger and why change a good sound? As the musiclover I am tho, I would like to see some development.

I am a sleazerocker per definition but isn't the scene too god damn inbred? I'm listening to Less Than Four atm and they're sounding good I guess but there really isn't anything interesting at all with it.

So. Questions:

Does the new song Anarchy sound too much like the songs on Generation Wild, are you fine with the similairities or do you not think there are any?

Aren't you tired of the lack of creativity within the scene today? Is there a lack of creativity?, I really don't think there is with Crashdïet. Are they just playing it safe? Am I fucking retarded?

Discuss.

Listen to an album from a band you've never heard of every day, get enlightened! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #142267 by izzie
Replied by izzie on topic Anarchy, the new song by Crashdïet...
I like the chorus but quite francly I'm tired of every "pam pam pam pam pam pam paaaaam pam pam pam" riff... palm muted zeroes and then a stricken chord, you know what I mean.

Altough I've got quite high hopes for the new album, and I hope Peter is singing on some parts (maybe bonus songs?).
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by izzie.

• axl whïte
  • Topic Author
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
More
7 years 5 months ago #142271 by axl whïte
Replied by axl whïte on topic Anarchy, the new song by Crashdïet...
Yeah the guitar is really boring, that was the worst part of the song imo but just the entire feel of it killed my expectations. The bridge, the chorus and the vocal melodies. I like nothing about the song and that makes me sad, I really want to like new crashdïet songs.

Listen to an album from a band you've never heard of every day, get enlightened! :)

• axl whïte
  • Topic Author
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
More
7 years 5 months ago #142276 by axl whïte
Oh, btw I would have liked it if i didn't get dissapointed. I guess i would have liked it...

More
7 years 5 months ago #142277 by mrs v. viper
Replied by mrs v. viper on topic Anarchy, the new song by Crashdïet...

axl whïte wrote: Aren't you tired of the lack of creativity within the scene today? Is there a lack of creativity?,

Fuck off to scenes I say.
a "scene" is a synonym for lack of creativity. as soon there's people "under one flag" there start to be rules how to do shit and rules kill creativity in general. so yeah, actually I'm extremely unhappy, unhappy with scenes.
But I guess everyone on here knows my opinion about that particular point already, soooo...

I'm not really unhappy with the similarities. I think they deserve to just happily write songs for a while now. I mean we shouldn't forget that this is the first Second album they release, and therefor their first chance to follow a certain direction. Maybe they have to do that too, settle down, celebrate that they have "their sound" now. I could imagine they could write even better songs than GW with that, but ofc it's gobba sound eually.

Personally I believe I will like those songs. I'll probably even like them alot because I love the crashdiet sound and it DOES sound like crashdiet. but also I don't expect them to ever "grab" me like that again. They were very special for me in a very difficult situation once. I'm not in that situation anymore, and they aren't at the same point anymore.
I will forever support them tho no matter what they will do tho, because I owe them big fucking time.

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

• axl whïte
  • Topic Author
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
More
7 years 5 months ago #142278 by axl whïte

mrs v. viper wrote:

axl whïte wrote: Aren't you tired of the lack of creativity within the scene today? Is there a lack of creativity?,

I'm not really unhappy with the similarities. I think they deserve to just happily write songs for a while now. I mean we shouldn't forget that this is the first Second album they release, and therefor their first chance to follow a certain direction. Maybe they have to do that too, settle down, celebrate that they have "their sound" now. I could imagine they could write even better songs than GW with that, but ofc it's gobba sound eually.

Personally I believe I will like those songs. I'll probably even like them alot because I love the crashdiet sound and it DOES sound like crashdiet. but also I don't expect them to ever "grab" me like that again. They were very special for me in a very difficult situation once. I'm not in that situation anymore, and they aren't at the same point anymore.
I will forever support them tho no matter what they will do tho, because I owe them big fucking time.

I don't think any artist would be happy painting the same painting more than once. I know nothing about Picasso but his stuff always looked the same to me. I know blues tho and they always have the same chord progression, almost. The same thing with reggae, a genre based on a rythm. I rarely like either reggea or blues, but i can often like variations of it. Another thing I love is Motörhead, I love their sound and alot of their songs. The thing there tho is that I always like the stuff that's a bit odd.

I'm starting to think Crashdïet doesn't have anything to say anymore, that wouldn't make them unable to write better melodies and riffs tho but maybe it's a sign of creativity loss. I don't know but I'm riddled...

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #142282 by mrs v. viper
i don't think it has to mean losing creativity.
I'm not especially a fan of picasso, but esp when it comes to visual art it's actually quite common that people do the same stuff over and over again, with little changes.
I guess it is maybe not very... creative in the sense of doing new things again and again, but maybe in the sense of.. creating something. I like to see it as a struggle, beat the shit out of the same crap again and again until it finally works the way I want to. Maybe it's a way to search for victory, especially if you always feel a little like life is getting aheahd of you, so you need that one thing where you will be on top in the end.
Maybe it's overcoming yourself, maybe it's just plain old perfectionism, I'm not sure but it always seems to be two kinds of artists out there, the ones that search for something new all the time and then some that search for the ONE right thing.

thats just my point of view on artists in general. there aren't all the same aswell.
but I guess I'm getting pretty philosophical here aswell, and maybe a bit off topic too.

I'm just saying, I personally am bored as fuck by Picasso, as I am by Fritz Klemm or others that did the same shit over and over again, I however do like Michelangelo, who didn't underwent a real change in his doings aswell, and I think Picasso himself wasn't bored of himself one bit, and since I'm always defending that artists are best when they do what's best for them, why would I question this.

But yeah, it could be, that they stop grabbing people. happens to the best.

EDIT!: or better said: stop grabbing "us" whoever else that might be. it can still speak to thousands out there.

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by mrs v. viper.

• Genital Grinder
  • New Here...
  • New Here...
  • Guitarist, Australia
More
7 years 5 months ago #142287 by Genital Grinder
Replied by Genital Grinder on topic Anarchy, the new song by Crashdïet...
looks like I'm in the minority here, i love it sure it's not their best song ever but its a solid song with that Crashdiet flare to it

"I think the main thing is the fuckin' attitude, if ya ain't got it and don't think your the coolest walkin' creature on earth, how would you then persuade people to dig your wicked act of art."- Dave Lepard R.I.S.

• Kraljosovina
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Happy Go Lucky Me :D
More
7 years 5 months ago #142293 by Kraljosovina
Replied by Kraljosovina on topic Anarchy, the new song by Crashdïet...

izzie wrote: I like the chorus but quite francly I'm tired of every "pam pam pam pam pam pam paaaaam pam pam pam" riff... palm muted zeroes and then a stricken chord, you know what I mean.

Altough I've got quite high hopes for the new album, and I hope Peter is singing on some parts (maybe bonus songs?).

EXACTLY what you said! :)

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.

• martinkrush
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
  • I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.
More
7 years 5 months ago #142298 by martinkrush
Replied by martinkrush on topic Anarchy, the new song by Crashdïet...
It's not really impressive to be honest but I would say it's solid :). Need to hear the studio version for the real opinion.

More
7 years 5 months ago #142303 by mrs v. viper
uhm... he said HE needs the studio version to make up his opinion. Maybe he just ticks different from you.
what's the point of this forum if he can't speak his mind.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #142307 by Laura Victory
Replied by Laura Victory on topic Anarchy, the new song by Crashdïet...
Maybe Anarchy is just a song they needed to decide which direction they really wanted to go? Maybe they want to keep the old fanbase happy? Maybe they have released this song because they really want feedback from the fans? Or maybe it's just their first real, difficult follow-up album. I like to see some developement in Crashdiets work in the end as well, but it must be pretty difficult to make a (r)evolution like you envision Axl, just in one album. Let alone one song. Give the boys a little chance and don't give up on them just because of one song. :=D A lot of great artist have made songs or even complete records the fans disliked or they even regretted themselves. Still their oeuvre is greatly appreciated after all.

~Flying on the wings of victory~
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Laura Victory.

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.342 seconds