• fizzy
  • fizzy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
  • fizzy
More
8 years 6 months ago #127865 by fizzy
Replied by fizzy on topic NEW ALBUM 2012
Yeah I got what you mean, but I dont think Crashdiet have a lot of Blues roots. Of Course Native Nature is very bluesy especially with the Harmonica intro, but that is the only song. Therefore they will never sound as Aerosmith or such

"So you ask me how it feels to be a stick in the wheel
I tell you honey it feels alright
to be another clog in the wrecking machine
wouldn't even cross my mind"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #127870 by ziggy
Replied by ziggy on topic NEW ALBUM 2012
The interview said early next year so hopefully this time next year!
i Also think its pretty late for a new video, but London didsay they were bringing out a new video and I'm suspecting soon with that new "Pro Shot" video with Native Nature!

• mick-mad4114
  • Getting groovy
  • Getting groovy
  • Dustin DeRoxx
More
8 years 6 months ago #127883 by mick-mad4114
Replied by mick-mad4114 on topic NEW ALBUM 2012
This is the best news I have heard in a while. I really can't wait to hear what eles they'll come up with now that Simon doesn't realy have anything to prove anymore.

-Welcome to the Inn-
-4114-

• XiLaii
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
  • The Strange
More
8 years 6 months ago #127884 by XiLaii
Replied by XiLaii on topic NEW ALBUM 2012

mick-mad4114 wrote: I really can't wait to hear what eles they'll come up with now that Simon doesn't realy have anything to prove anymore.

That's a really interesting way to look at it actually. And I genuinely can't wait to see what they'll pull out of the bag now that everyone seems happy with the lineup. I guess in a sense it will be their first 'non debut' album, and I am really excited to see where they'll go with it. :). I have complete faith in them, and while I don't want to get ~too excited in case it gets pushed back (the guys seem so insanely busy right now! haha), this will be explosive. :3

Edit; Also it totally caught me surprise to hear them going back into the studio so soon...

Well you know how the story goes, if it's too loud then you're too old.
Photo Blog // Flickr

More
8 years 6 months ago #127886 by mrs v. viper
Replied by mrs v. viper on topic NEW ALBUM 2012

axl whïte wrote: Well I'd love if they keep evolving, but more towards a rock sound... not ris sound but more girls girls girls/new york dolls/hanoi rocks/aerosmith maybe

hmmm, I don't know. You know I'm a big fan of rolling bluesy stuff, but honestly... they are so many bands who do that already. surely it would be interesting to see Crashs take on that but I don't really see them in that tradition aswelll...

And I'm not surprised they go back to studio now... I mean if theycan make it as they said now it will be 2 years between the albums which is a pretty normal distance or not? And you have to look at it that way, they might be busy but what is different now is that they are busy with being a band not busy with trying to stay one... which means recording albums and touring alot is exactley what they ought to do imo :lol:

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

• martinkrush
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
  • I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.
More
8 years 6 months ago #127897 by martinkrush
Replied by martinkrush on topic NEW ALBUM 2012

axl whïte wrote: I hope for more rock n roll sound than armageddon sound, imo RIS kinda stood the test of time better than GW, I'm i bit tired of the songs tbh. Not all but I hope Simon and London comes with more bluesy rock n roll inputs than Martin and Erics extreme metal stuff, less palm muting and more scratchy blues lixx!

I hope for heavy songs like Armageddon and Rebel, so this time I do not agree with you buddy :lol:.

P. fizzy Suxx wrote: mhh I dunno I think they have to evolve, and after RIS and TUR Generation Wild was the logical consequence of their evolving sound imo, and I think they should keep this way

That's right!

P. fizzy Suxx wrote: Yeah I got what you mean, but I dont think Crashdiet have a lot of Blues roots. Of Course Native Nature is very bluesy especially with the Harmonica intro, but that is the only song. Therefore they will never sound as Aerosmith or such

And that's good for me, they're playing sleaze metal ;). I love Aerosmith by the way and that kind of music but I think our boys should play quite heavy stuff :B:.

XiLaii wrote: And I genuinely can't wait to see what they'll pull out of the bag now that everyone seems happy with the lineup. I guess in a sense it will be their first 'non debut' album, and I am really excited to see where they'll go with it. :).

Yes exactly, it will be their first album with a singer who did perform with them on the previous record :). So I'm also very excited about it.

mrs v. viper wrote:

axl whïte wrote: Well I'd love if they keep evolving, but more towards a rock sound... not ris sound but more girls girls girls/new york dolls/hanoi rocks/aerosmith maybe

hmmm, I don't know. You know I'm a big fan of rolling bluesy stuff, but honestly... they are so many bands who do that already. surely it would be interesting to see Crashs take on that but I don't really see them in that tradition aswelll...

That's my girl! :lol:

• Kraljosovina
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Happy Go Lucky Me :D
More
8 years 6 months ago #127907 by Kraljosovina
Replied by Kraljosovina on topic NEW ALBUM 2012
Looking forward to it! Suprised on how soon it may actually come out, even if it comes out in the late 2012. I mean I've been waiting for a new "The Hives" album for almost 4 years now!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.

• XiLaii
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
  • The Strange
More
8 years 6 months ago #127908 by XiLaii
Replied by XiLaii on topic NEW ALBUM 2012

mrs v. viper wrote: I mean if theycan make it as they said now it will be 2 years between the albums which is a pretty normal distance or not?

I think it's a pretty normal distance. But I didn't think of that, haha because it doesn't seem to me like Generation Wild has been out for over a year at this point :O.

mrs v. viper wrote: And you have to look at it that way, they might be busy but what is different now is that they are busy with being a band not busy with trying to stay one... which means recording albums and touring alot is exactley what they ought to do imo

Also, that point is perfect, and I don't think I could phrase it better if I tried. :)

Well you know how the story goes, if it's too loud then you're too old.
Photo Blog // Flickr

• axl whïte
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
More
8 years 6 months ago #127909 by axl whïte
Replied by axl whïte on topic NEW ALBUM 2012
Rebel sounds like the most rock n roll song on the record, maybe after the title track but Rebel sounds so SATD and that way better than a melodeath song like Down with the dust imo. I know it's not melodeath but i kinda get that feeling with the melodies in the song. Compare the rebel solo with dust, it's fucking super bluesy, dust feels so stiff. Feel the rythm in 69 shots, tikket, needle in yer eye, it's more rock n roll. Sleaze has atleast always for me been fast distorded bluesy hard rock n roll or something.

Listen to an album from a band you've never heard of every day, get enlightened! :)

• fizzy
  • fizzy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
  • fizzy
More
8 years 6 months ago #127913 by fizzy
Replied by fizzy on topic NEW ALBUM 2012
Yeah but as Marmetal pointed out I think Crashdiet are more for "Sleaze METAL" (Motley Crue, Skid Row) rather than "Sleaze ROCK" like Aeromsmith, GnR, LA GUNS

"So you ask me how it feels to be a stick in the wheel
I tell you honey it feels alright
to be another clog in the wrecking machine
wouldn't even cross my mind"

• Kraljosovina
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Happy Go Lucky Me :D
More
8 years 6 months ago #127916 by Kraljosovina
Replied by Kraljosovina on topic NEW ALBUM 2012

axl whïte wrote: Sleaze has atleast always for me been fast distorded bluesy hard rock n roll or something.

Couldn't agree more! :)

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.

• Psychobunny
  • Getting groovy
  • Getting groovy
  • The One and Only
More
8 years 6 months ago #127919 by Psychobunny
Replied by Psychobunny on topic NEW ALBUM 2012
Hm, I'm not a musican myself but I think they should do what they like to do in the first place and not what we want them to do. I mean of course the fans are important but it's their music which means it represents the bands thoughts and feelings which makes the whole thing more or less unique (as it should be). If they just do what the majority of their fans want to hear it'll become commercial pablum sooner or later and then everybody will complain about THAT. Anyway, just my humble opinion *G* But whatever the guys will come up with I'm sure it's going to rock.

Oh and Down With The Dust is actually one of my fav songs :P

I am what I am - go live with it

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds