Crashdiet

Fan reviews/album discussion Generation Wild

More
8 years 7 months ago #98679 by axl whïte
axl whïte replied the topic: Fan reviews/album discussion Generation Wild
Don't know what to say really, I'm amazed over simons preformance. I knew he was good but I didn't know he was amazing, the lyrics is the words of a true rock poet to quot himself.

As mentioned before, eric wrote the entire song "down with the dust" THAT is cool, that is really cool. Because it sure is one of my favourite, but I guess that proves what simon said. Eric is just as good at guitar as on drums. The bridge lyrics is just how I feel sometimes.

Rebel has a lovely nitro kind of riff combined with some nice rebelic provocative lyrics, which I LOVE. Native Nature also has those kind of lyrics, I don't know but I really like that song too, so I guess I'm a rebelic kind a guy.

I didn't really like chemical at first but then I heard the "All I need" part which is reeeeeeeally catchy! I can't get it out of my head, but I DON*T WANT TO! :)

Fucking oats for breakfast, had the same for a year. So true!

I'll write sum more but I'm going to bed...

Listen to an album from a band you've never heard of every day, get enlightened! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #98689 by techwreckie
techwreckie replied the topic: Fan reviews/album discussion Generation Wild

AxL Whïte wrote:
I didn't really like chemical at first but then I heard the "All I need" part which is reeeeeeeally catchy! I can't get it out of my head, but I DON*T WANT TO! :)

Haha yeah me too! :lol:

More
8 years 7 months ago #98700 by ml_916
ml_916 replied the topic: Fan reviews/album discussion Generation Wild
When's the album gonna hit Spotify? I want it on my playlist! :guitar:

More
8 years 7 months ago #98702 by ziggy
ziggy replied the topic: Fan reviews/album discussion Generation Wild
down with the dust is my favourite! reminds me kinda of tikket. same feeling

More
8 years 7 months ago #98707 by mrbjoorn
mrbjoorn replied the topic: Fan reviews/album discussion Generation Wild

AxL Whïte wrote: I didn't really like chemical at first but then I heard the "All I need" part which is reeeeeeeally catchy! I can't get it out of my head, but I DON*T WANT TO! :)

Exactely the same here! "All i need" part is the best part on the whole album :lol:

More
8 years 7 months ago #98711 by joey_baccard
joey_baccard replied the topic: Fan reviews/album discussion Generation Wild

mrbjoorn wrote:

AxL Whïte wrote: I didn't really like chemical at first but then I heard the "All I need" part which is reeeeeeeally catchy! I can't get it out of my head, but I DON*T WANT TO! :)

Exactely the same here! "All i need" part is the best part on the whole album :lol:

definitely! take away the first verse on Chemical so we get the "All I need" at 1:20 or something like that, and you got a perfect single! :lol: (imo)

More
8 years 7 months ago #98721 by mrlee
mrlee replied the topic: Fan reviews/album discussion Generation Wild
id like to be Bound to Fall or So Alive make next single.

More
8 years 7 months ago #98725 by shy girl
shy girl replied the topic: Fan reviews/album discussion Generation Wild
Oh,i like new album :) It's so cool.

My favourite songs of GW are Bound to fall, armageddon, so alive and beautiful pain.

More
8 years 7 months ago #98744 by m_p
m_p replied the topic: Fan reviews/album discussion Generation Wild

mrbjoorn wrote:

+10000000

More
8 years 7 months ago #98761 by fizzy
fizzy replied the topic: Fan reviews/album discussion Generation Wild
Okay after 2 listenings I will write my review now.

My first thoughts about the new record wasn't that good, because the 2 songs they released earlier (gen wild, bound) wasn't what I did expected. But luckily thatz the worst tracks on the record! I'm totally impressed by all the other songs!
The intro is kinda okay with sirenes, nothin special.
"Armaggedon" kicks in with a nice riff and I have to say that thesound is perfect!!! fat drums and bass, and nice guitars. Overall Martin really surprised me with his guitar work on the whole record. I didn't expected so much of him here, but I was wrong. He has nice and tasty licks and his solos fit in every songs. Well done man! the song is a good opener I dig this one.
When "Armageddon" fates, it imediately crash into "So Alive". The first Highlight and the first song by the dou Sweet/Gunn. This one is an awesome track with everything what crashdiet makes special. The song has a "breakin the chainz" vibe I think, fuckin heavy. I love the sample breakdown the first tasty work by johnny. the first three songs sound like on big song complex to me. I'm impressed!
The next one is "Generation Wild", well I never liked this one so much, and still it will not grow on me. But the hookline in the chorus is very catchy.
"Rebel" could have been directly out of Motleys "Shout At The Devil". I really dig Simons vocals here. A nice fast and heavy sleaze rocker.
With "Save Her" we have the second song by GUNN/Sweet. What a killer track!!!!! I think this one beats "It's a miracle". The lyrics by Johnny are so fuckin incredible which makes the song so good. The 3rd verse "she comes undone; dead end, nowhere to run; sweet lips around a loaded gun; she pulls the trigger and the bullet won" is awesome! I think this one could be a hit for the band, one of my favs. Simons vocals are great too.
"Down With The Dust" is written by Eric? I can't believe this because its such a Killer Track!!! I totally love it!!! Fuckin crashtastic!
The next Highlight is "Native Nature". Welcome to "slave to the grind"! This is the best Rocker without a doubt. What a fat sound, tight guitars, ballsy tone. My absolutely favourite track on the record for fuckin sure!!!!!
Track 9 "Chemical" is the pearl on this record. It starts with a kinda motleys "hooligans Holiday" riff. And then I had my doubts, very poppy sound, and poppy vocals. The chorus came and again nothin special. But beware of that massive hookline that comes!!!!!!!! "all i need is another hit yeah; one last fix to keep the blues at bay; all i need is another kick just; one last fix of that feel good chemical" reminds me alot at "mr. brownstone". I was so fuckin blown away, never heard a line which is more catchier. Johnny show us what he got here, he is one of the best songwriter, even the best in the genre I would say! And over the top he is singin this line aswell and has the honor to end the song. Ok I love johnnys work yeah...;) This is the best song of the whole album, I can imagine this song in the radio or TV, could be the bands biggest hit I'm sure.
After the tonnes of Hits, "Bound To Fall" is coming. This one is simply boring I think. Sick Mind for this one and the record had just hits.
The albuim ends with the beautiful "Beautiful Pain". Very nice performence of Simon here. The guitar by Martin is very tasty here, could be a hit too. A really nice final for an awesome record!

Okay this record blew me away. Its not better than RIS but very very very close. It has his own kinda dark charme and I totally love it. I think its since RIS the best new record I've heard. Simon is an awesome singer, with an awesome range. He totally hit me with his vocals. The sound is as good as I hoped. I think the best catch was to work with Johnny. he made the biggest hits here, the highlights with "save her" and "chemical".

THIS RECORD BACK 20 YEARS AGO WOULD GIVE CRASHDIET FAME AND STARDOOM. ONE OF THE BEST GLAM/SLEAZE RECORDS EVER!!!

"So you ask me how it feels to be a stick in the wheel
I tell you honey it feels alright
to be another clog in the wrecking machine
wouldn't even cross my mind"

More
8 years 7 months ago #98767 by mrs v. viper
mrs v. viper replied the topic: Fan reviews/album discussion Generation Wild

P. fizzy Suxx wrote: "Down With The Dust" is written by Eric? I can't believe this

the fact that this surprises so many of you just shows me again how underrated drummers are. DAMMIT, give those hardworking stars behind the drumkit more credits people!!
:rolleyes: off topic i know but i needed to get this of my chest ;)

thx for your analytic review fizzy, i think i agree with you in almost all points, exept for the Generation Wild part (and the J.Gunn worship ;) ).
But the whole Album hits me emotional too hard, so I still can't really say "i like this part especially or this one.."
It really is amazing. Magical.

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

More
8 years 7 months ago #98776 by Sandy Sikk
Sandy Sikk replied the topic: Fan reviews/album discussion Generation Wild

m_p wrote:

mrbjoorn wrote:

+10000000

+1 :lol:

you're north of heaven
maybe somewhere west of hell

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.284 seconds