Crashdiet

Fan reviews/album discussion Generation Wild

• mrlee
  • Topic Author
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Diehard Dietist
More
9 years 5 months ago #98355 by mrlee

icey wrote: Nevermind, found a .rar-download.

so much for diplomatic posts....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #98357 by techwreckie
Replied by techwreckie on topic Fan reviews/album discussion Generation Wild

Mrs V. Viper wrote: no one was angry at people listening to samples :)

@techwreckie: look, we obviously have different opinions here, and I think we both ahve good reasons why we think what we think. So let's not fight about it, okay :)

Okay ;)

More
9 years 5 months ago #98358 by rox flowers
Replied by rox flowers on topic Fan reviews/album discussion Generation Wild

Techwreckie wrote:

ziggy wrote:

Rox Flowers wrote: Hey, don't be a pirate. :evil: It doesn't support the band in any way.

+1

Doesn't harm them either, I think everyone here who's downloaded the leak has also pre-ordered the album, so there's no problem.

I disagree with you. There are "by-standers" and people who have just discovered CRASHDÏET. They might also take a look at the forums. By looking at the topic subject this seems to be an interesting thread. And now they might know that it's possible to download the album before it's even released! There are people who want to listen to good music but won't want to pay for it. And some of the by-standers or the people who have just discovered CRASH might be those kind of persons.

• mrlee
  • Topic Author
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Diehard Dietist
More
9 years 5 months ago #98365 by mrlee
I tried to post a very big post defending myself in here. But it wouldnt let me, perhaps because of certain words used...i dont know!

But i managed to get a summarised version up on the off topic part, so if that worked there. Maybe it will work here so ill just quote it

"In basic i try to say i never mentioned anything of the album coming out illegally in my post. And that it is out of my control that someone posted about it in the thread. Some people might of recieved the album in the post by now, the thread was for people that have the album. The means in which they got the album were not being asked for. I got informed that the album had come out under undesirable measures via 2 messages on facebook, 1 private message on here, 3 private messages on sleazeroxx.com, someone even posted a thread with a link to it over there. The whole world knew before i did!. I cant understand how people have the cheek to blame me! I didnt release it, some guy with an advanced copy did. I only wanted to discuss what i thought of the album, and thats what i wanted other people to do. If thats a crime then fucking ban me."

• mrlee
  • Topic Author
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Diehard Dietist
More
9 years 5 months ago #98366 by mrlee

Mrs V. Viper wrote: samples -> takes about 1o minutes to go through
Album -> takes about 40 minutes

And Magazine Reviewers get it to WRITE REVIEWS!! to make the people excited, so that they go to the store and buy it on the RELEASE DATE!
It's marketing. And that's why there IS a difference beteween a Writer who listens to it and Fans, who are notr supposed to have it already.

yeah, the same magazine reviewer that uploaded the album....

More
9 years 5 months ago #98372 by icey
I had no idea listening to the album would stir up so much drama and grief. If I knew, I would never have mentioned listening to it. (I thought it was ok, since people were already discussing it.) I'm sorry if I have hurt people's feelings somehow by listening to the album. I honestly didn't think it would be such a big fucking deal. Well, I have learned my lesson, and will never mention listening to an album again. My sincere apologies to everybody who has had their day "ruined".

• fizzy
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
  • fizzy
More
9 years 5 months ago #98375 by fizzy
well It's everyones own decision when they will listen to it. on the release date, before or after it. wheres the problem? It's not harmful to download anyway, because music means a lot of work and effort for bands. And there is a reason, why they HAVE to sell it. But we all do, thatz the situation nowadays, the music industry is dead, mostly because of the population of the internet. The bands know this, Crashdiet know this too. Thatz maybe sad, maybe not. I will listen to it when I got it from the Band, there is somethin special in it to hold it in the hand and listen while reading the lyrics and so on. But I reallly don't see a problem why other people shouldn't listen to it when they get the possibility to do it.
Mostly I think you wanna help the band to SELL records and EARN MONEY on it, which I see also with the "promo thingie". But for me I still don't get why you care so much of them making money? You're behaviour on this whole topic is more cute than necessary for me.

if you wanna listen now, download it.
if you wanna listen when its released and official, you have to wait or buy it then.

no problem at all.

"So you ask me how it feels to be a stick in the wheel
I tell you honey it feels alright
to be another clog in the wrecking machine
wouldn't even cross my mind"

More
9 years 5 months ago #98379 by coo
Bah! i want the real thing in my hand! i want to feel the CD! :lol:

More
9 years 5 months ago #98391 by rox flowers
Replied by rox flowers on topic Fan reviews/album discussion Generation Wild

P. fizzy Suxx wrote: Mostly I think you wanna help the band to SELL records and EARN MONEY on it, which I see also with the "promo thingie". But for me I still don't get why you care so much of them making money? You're behaviour on this whole topic is more cute than necessary for me.

Because we want to give something back. We want them to do more music, gigs, and be a great band! And nothing happens without money.

• glam_junkie
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Diehard Dietist
  • is cooler than you!
More
9 years 5 months ago #98419 by glam_junkie
Replied by glam_junkie on topic Fan reviews/album discussion Generation Wild

MrLee wrote: sleazeroxx.com, someone even posted a thread with a link to it over there. "

Just to make it clear, Skid (the moderator of Sleazeroxx) has a strict 'no in print uploads' on his site so apparently this thread was deleted immediately.

More
9 years 5 months ago #98428 by ziggy
haha fuck off i dont go to work for free i expect to be payed at the end of the day. crashdiet is their income thats their job. of coarse they want people to buy their work..lol.
do painters paint five their work of art for free? nah
icey just wish you mention to people it was "out".
true

• mrlee
  • Topic Author
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Diehard Dietist
More
9 years 5 months ago #98454 by mrlee
can we stop discussing this shit now. and actually discuss the album, which is what this thread is for.

What do people think?

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.385 seconds