about X

More
10 years 7 months ago #77984 by hitomi
hitomi replied the topic: about X

Leo Van Newhouse wrote: Also, they have a masked Toshi :lol:

haha, he had cute face actually.
Nobody can imagine it...

Now I recall metal scene of west of Japan,
It was soooooooo agressive more than Tokyo's.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #77987 by tigerheart
tigerheart replied the topic: about X

hitomi wrote: Though I wrote long reply to Gabbi, it vanished :(

It did? Aw, stupid technology. :(

Anyway, about the tribute summit and Dir's participation, I don't kow how I feel about that.
I friggin' love Dir, and anyone who knows me are aware of that, but still...
It actually surprised me when I first found out about their participation in the tribute summit.
Why? Because the last years they've been fighting so hard to get rid of their roots.
At least that's how many fans feel.
And also, Kaoru [one of the guitarists] stopped running around with his hide-plushie a long time ago. He used to state that he always took it with him, and it used to be on stage with him, but you don't see it anymore.

Sure, all people change their image, but you don't have to try to erase your past.

There are alot of things I could say about this whole thing, but I won't post it here.
It just doesn't feel right to talk about it openly. :)
I'm happy to see Dir in the setlist, I really am. They've come a long way, and I'm sure this means alot to them.
I just hope that playing on the same stage as some of the bands who inspired them in their youth, and also get to hang out with them backstage maybe?, will make them maybe play some older stuff at concerts too. :)

This came out wrong, but it's so hard to put all of your thoughts and feelings down in letters, when you know you probably will be missunderstood. ^^

Blah, this thread isn't about Dir, sorry for babbling on about them.

I wish I could attend the tribute summit, it would have been so great.
Sadly, it is impossible.
I'm sure it will be such a great rock'n'roll party! :)
There will be so many of the bands I like playing there.
I hate that I will miss out on it.

Also, I wish I could get my hands on one of the black "psychobear" T-shirts they're selling at LEMONed SHOP , but they're all sold out, and besides I'm pretty sure they wouldn't ship to Sweden, since the entire page is in Japanese. ^^
Ah well, I can't do anything about it, except from accepting the truth, and that is that I'll never get one. :)

Ouff, this became a long post, and I didn't mean for it to happen.
I'll end this post now and continue to work on the drawing of hide-sama I've forgotten to finish for such a long time. :)
I hope I'll finish it soon, so I can put it in my art book before I'll have the book printed! :lol:

More
10 years 7 months ago #77990 by leo van newhouse
leo van newhouse replied the topic: about X

hitomi wrote:

Leo Van Newhouse wrote: Also, they have a masked Toshi :lol:

haha, he had cute face actually.
Nobody can imagine it...

Now I recall metal scene of west of Japan,
It was soooooooo agressive more than Tokyo's.

Can you talk about it??? I'd like to know what the differences were with the bands, and such. If you feel like it of course. Maybe someone should make a "COLOR" thread 8-)

More
10 years 7 months ago #77997 by hitomi

Leo Van Newhouse wrote: Can you talk about it??? I'd like to know what the differences were with the bands, and such. If you feel like it of course. Maybe someone should make a "COLOR" thread 8-)

hoho, west of Japan's is..... a little YAKUZA taste,
Well.....most of them were ex-motor cycle gang, so...
They committed some crimes...for example....theft and violences....
Their character was really aggressive more than Tokyo bands.
Only Yoshiki was like west of Japan's, so Dynamite Tommy was his best friend :lol:
They used to say " We must be careful not to cause violence! " :lol:
Actually Yoshiki acted violently here and there in Tokyo, so lots of bars and clubs banned him :lol:
( They used to ask long blonde haired Japanese boy " Are you Yoshiki !? Yoshiki cannot enter this club!! " )

So Dynamite Tommy warned Yoshiki " You cannot behave like you are in Tokyo, cuz Osaka is Yakuza city, If you act violently here, you must be killed by them!! " :lol:

Anyway....actually Osaka is Yakuza city...so....they were a little like Yakuza...

In Tokyo (and east of Japan), only punk bands were aggressive like that,
for example "G.I.S.M." and so on.

So, when I met Tokyo bands, I thought " Hey Tokyo boyz are really gentlemen and graceful!! " :lol:

to be contined, my Emiya is crying...hehe

More
10 years 7 months ago #78000 by leo van newhouse
Ah, wow, that's quite serious then. Yakuza, and all that involved. Damn. Yoshiki, hehe :lol: Banned from bars, and liked in the west :lol: That's quite the reputation he must have had. Gentlemen rockers :lol: Wow, that must have been intense if they all have those kind of attitudes. I bet they still all get along, because they make rock music. Well, take care of Emiya. Thanks for the good post. Can't wait to read more.

More
10 years 7 months ago #78004 by hitomi
Oh I have to write long reply to Gabbi again, but give me time!!
Cuz I cannot arrange my time now, I am really new mother!! hehe

So I write a little about Yoshiki's funny story for Leo.

This is his lovely but troublesome character story :lol:
( This is famous story for fans )

One day, he said to his staff, " Hey, buy curry and bring it here "
( Suddenly he wanted to eat curry before the concert )
So the staff bought curry and took it his backstage.

Yoshiki ate it a little and shouted " Fuck Off!! This curry is too hot!! "
he was so angry and returned to his home soon, the concert was cancelled for curry...

he has lots of such stories....quite troublesome person...but funny and lovely :lol:

Several years later, the can of curry named " Yoshiki's curry " was sold actually :lol: ( This is truth)

So....to be continued, I bakk to Emiya :)

More
10 years 7 months ago #78005 by leo van newhouse
Ohohoh, those poor fans. They anticipated this concert, and it's canceled over a can of curry. Troublesome person indeed Hitomi :lol: Now I feel like eating that "Yoshiki's Curry". I want to know if it's really so hot that it can cancel a entire concert. I bet I can beat it. No spicy curry can beat me 8-)

Also, make sure you do all your motherly tasks first. Put talking to me online at the bottom of all your tasks. This is least important of all your tasks. I'll wait for your nice stories when you're done with every thing. Take care ;)

More
10 years 7 months ago #78006 by hitomi
I mistook, it was not the concert, it was important rehearsal, poor members :lol:

More
10 years 7 months ago #78010 by leo van newhouse
Indeed, poor members :lol:

More
10 years 7 months ago #78013 by tigerheart
tigerheart replied the topic: about X

hitomi wrote: Oh I have to write long reply to Gabbi again, but give me time!!
Cuz I cannot arrange my time now, I am really new mother!! hehe

Hehe, no need to hurry. Emiya comes first all times. :)

I enjoy these little stories you post, though!
They're nice to read. :lol:
But I must admit I know nothing at all about COLOR, I don't even think I've heard their music.
But it's still fun to read your stories! :)

More
10 years 7 months ago #78045 by leo van newhouse
Yesterday, I got my COLOR's "ASK THE ANGELS" LP in the mail I won off of e-Bay. The album's great. I only wonder why did they a "Trendy Version" of their "CLENCH ONE'S FIST" song. The non-trendy version sounds much better.

More
10 years 7 months ago #78049 by hitomi

Leo Van Newhouse wrote: Yesterday, I got my COLOR's "ASK THE ANGELS" LP in the mail I won off of e-Bay. The album's great. I only wonder why did they a "Trendy Version" of their "CLENCH ONE'S FIST" song. The non-trendy version sounds much better.

If it is possible to get, I recommend " Gekitotsu ", " Fools, get lucky " :)
Cuz they were recorded in their independent era, they were right COLOR.

"Trendy Version ", hehe
I remember, suddenly COLOR said " We stop PUNK, we don't play old numbers anymore. We play trendy something!! "
So they changed their sounds and fashion suddenly, their fans were SOOOO surprised and cried,
I don't know why COLOR decided it suddenly still now.
But they said " FUCK OFF, major record company!! " and returned to Independent after for a while, and OFC they played old numbers.
What was that declaration??? :lol:
Anyway, COLOR was also troublesome band once.
No major record company and management could take care of COLOR :lol:

Actually, the most famous club had to close for the case that they caused.
At the club "bourbon house" ( in Osaka ), a COLOR's fan died while they played.
(I presided of the count down gig at bourbon house just before the case. )

I think Osaka lost "bourbon house" and the name "Japanese Metal Kingdom" at the same time...

And so on....they ( mainly Dynamite Tommy ) caused some troublesome things in those days,

to be continued.....I add this, when ppl shut their mouth to cover them, only Yoshiki covered COLOR.
Ppl used to blame Yoshiki for it.
Like this, I think that Yoshiki and Tommy has always something more than friendship.

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds